Online auto parts

Old August 1st 06, 11:57 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
goodnigh

Default Online auto parts

Is there an online Mustang parts store that stocks simple engine parts.
Went to three local stores today and could not find an air cleaner filter
or gas cap locking or not. These were big national chain stores.
The car needs a spare tire and I have been told 11" rims are hard to find.
The stores I went to could probably order these parts, but why not me
instead.
The only part I found that fit the car was a seat cover. I bought it!

mike

Old August 2nd 06, 04:00 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
WindsorFox[SS]

goodnigh wrote:
> Is there an online Mustang parts store that stocks simple engine parts.
> Went to three local stores today and could not find an air cleaner filter
> or gas cap locking or not. These were big national chain stores.
> The car needs a spare tire and I have been told 11" rims are hard to find.
> The stores I went to could probably order these parts, but why not me
> instead.
> The only part I found that fit the car was a seat cover. I bought it!
>
> mike

I'm sorry, but WTF kind of Mustang has 11" rims???

--

I used to have abs. Now, I've just got ab.
One big ol' Ab. - BigSkiff www.titanspot.com

Pyongyang sounds more like the sound effect an ACME catapult makes
as it goes off at precisely the wrong moment for Wile E. Coyote. -
Cadbury Moose
Old August 2nd 06, 07:11 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
My Names Nobody

"WindsorFox[SS]" > wrote in message
> goodnigh wrote:
>> Is there an online Mustang parts store that stocks simple engine parts.
>> Went to three local stores today and could not find an air cleaner filter
>> or gas cap locking or not. These were big national chain stores.
>> The car needs a spare tire and I have been told 11" rims are hard to
>> find.
>> The stores I went to could probably order these parts, but why not me
>> instead.
>> The only part I found that fit the car was a seat cover. I bought it!
>>
>> mike
>>

> I'm sorry, but WTF kind of Mustang has 11" rims???

Do those hideous mustang II's?

Old August 2nd 06, 01:58 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
goodnigh

"WindsorFox[SS]" > wrote in message
> goodnigh wrote:
>> Is there an online Mustang parts store that stocks simple engine parts.
>> Went to three local stores today and could not find an air cleaner filter
>> or gas cap locking or not. These were big national chain stores.
>> The car needs a spare tire and I have been told 11" rims are hard to
>> find.
>> The stores I went to could probably order these parts, but why not me
>> instead.
>> The only part I found that fit the car was a seat cover. I bought it!
>>
>> mike
>>

> I'm sorry, but WTF kind of Mustang has 11" rims???

' 71 Grande. Unfortunately, the only stock part of this car is the body.
The tires are P235/60 R14 with 11" rims.

mike

Old August 2nd 06, 02:36 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
RJ[_3_]

"goodnigh" > wrote in message
ink.net...

> "WindsorFox[SS]" > wrote in message
> > goodnigh wrote:
> >> Is there an online Mustang parts store that stocks simple engine parts.
> >> Went to three local stores today and could not find an air cleaner

filter
> >> or gas cap locking or not. These were big national chain stores.
> >> The car needs a spare tire and I have been told 11" rims are hard to
> >> find.
> >> The stores I went to could probably order these parts, but why not me
> >> instead.
> >> The only part I found that fit the car was a seat cover. I bought it!
> >>
> >> mike
> >>

> > I'm sorry, but WTF kind of Mustang has 11" rims???

> ' 71 Grande. Unfortunately, the only stock part of this car is the body.
> The tires are P235/60 R14 with 11" rims.
>
> mike

Wrong tire for those 11" rims

Old August 2nd 06, 03:53 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
goodnigh

"RJ" > wrote in message

> "goodnigh" > wrote in message
> ink.net...
>>
>> "WindsorFox[SS]" > wrote in message

> filter

>> > I'm sorry, but WTF kind of Mustang has 11" rims???

>> ' 71 Grande. Unfortunately, the only stock part of this car is the body.
>> The tires are P235/60 R14 with 11" rims.
>>
>> mike
>>

> Wrong tire for those 11" rims

Recommend something, please. Already have new front tires, but
the rear tires are due for replacing. Is there any reason the rear tires
could not be a different size?

mike

Old August 3rd 06, 04:15 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Kate[_3_]

Maybe he meant 11" WIDE....
*snikker*

Kate

Old August 3rd 06, 04:16 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Kate[_3_]

If the rims aren't stock, why keep them?
They run pretty high in the EWWWWWWWWW factor.

Kate

ink.net...

Old August 3rd 06, 11:40 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
goodnigh

"Kate" > wrote in message
> If the rims aren't stock, why keep them?
> They run pretty high in the EWWWWWWWWW factor.
>
> Kate

The only stock part of the car is the body, including
those nutty seat belts/shoulder harness.
The rims don't seem to be 11" wide either.
As another reader pointed out, P235/60 does not compute.

Now I will go mess with the carb and see what happens.
The carb is probably not stock bearing a Carter
part number, but who knows. I know the Edelbrock
intake manifold was added later along with the Mach1 drive train.
Don't know if the toploader trans is stock for ' 71 Grande.

Thanks

mike

Old August 6th 06, 05:00 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
my name

"goodnigh" > wrote in news:nk1Ag.8754$157.1939
@newsread3.news.pas.earthlink.net:

> ' 71 Grande. Unfortunately, the only stock part of this car is the body.
> The tires are P235/60 R14 with 11" rims.

R14 means 14" rim. Maybe you got a doughnut spare there.