timing belt interval for Golf Turbodiesel from 90

Old May 26th 05, 07:30 PM
MIC

Default timing belt interval for Golf Turbodiesel from 90

Hello NG!
What is the "normal" timingbelt changing interval for my Golf turbodiesel
from 1990?
Bye...MIC

Old May 26th 05, 07:44 PM
Remco

MIC wrote:
> Hello NG!
> What is the "normal" timingbelt changing interval for my Golf turbodiesel
> from 1990?
> Bye...MIC

Find out in this group: rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
This is the aircooled (old bugs, etc) group.

Old May 26th 05, 09:14 PM
Lorem Ipsum

"MIC" > wrote in message
k...
> Hello NG!
> What is the "normal" timingbelt changing interval for my Golf turbodiesel

Water on the brain - a bad thing.

Old May 26th 05, 09:48 PM
tricky

Twice a week.

Tuesday morning and thursday afternoon. Unles you use it at the
weekend, then instead of thursday afternoon, it must be changed at
midnight on friday.
You can trade in your used belt for a reconditioned one for a few
dollars. The blue ones are better than the pink ones though. Unless
its an early 1990 then go for the green ones with the red stripe.

Rich

Old May 26th 05, 10:11 PM
bug '59

> Twice a week.
>
> Tuesday morning and thursday afternoon. Unles you use it at the weekend,
> then instead of thursday afternoon, it must be changed at midnight on
> friday.
> You can trade in your used belt for a reconditioned one for a few dollars.
> The blue ones are better than the pink ones though. Unless its an early
> 1990 then go for the green ones with the red stripe.
>
> Rich

HAHAHAHAA
rotflol

Old May 26th 05, 11:54 PM
Joey Tribiani

"tricky" > wrote in message
> Twice a week.
>
> Tuesday morning and thursday afternoon. Unles you use it at the
> weekend, then instead of thursday afternoon, it must be changed at
> midnight on friday.
> You can trade in your used belt for a reconditioned one for a few
> dollars. The blue ones are better than the pink ones though. Unless
> its an early 1990 then go for the green ones with the red stripe.
>
> Rich

real cool rich...i diss a book and i'm a dickhead and whatever...what are
you for blatantly giving out bad/wrong information? Rich Muir?

Old May 27th 05, 10:23 AM
tricky

Chill dude. I like to read most of your posts, you usually give good
reasoning / explanations for your advice. I have seen your reply's to
wrong group posts too ;-) sometimes not so tongue in cheek as mine !

The worst outcome that could arise from my post is that he tries to buy
the pink belt somewhere ! (pink is the worst kind ;-) )

I liked the muir book, so do many others, doesn't mean you have too, and
'I' never dissed you about it.

Like the choke thread, I have my opinion, and if you can 'teach' me the
error of my ways I am willing to listen. But saying something is wrong
/ bad doesn't help me change my mind.

Rich

Old May 27th 05, 02:39 PM
Joey Tribiani

"tricky" > wrote in message
> Chill dude. I like to read most of your posts, you usually give good
> reasoning / explanations for your advice. I have seen your reply's to
> wrong group posts too ;-) sometimes not so tongue in cheek as mine !
>
> The worst outcome that could arise from my post is that he tries to buy
> the pink belt somewhere ! (pink is the worst kind ;-) )
>
> I liked the muir book, so do many others, doesn't mean you have too, and
> 'I' never dissed you about it.
>
> Like the choke thread, I have my opinion, and if you can 'teach' me the
> error of my ways I am willing to listen. But saying something is wrong
> / bad doesn't help me change my mind.
>
> Rich

wow...you read way more than i wrote....my responces to "wrong group posts"
are somewhat rare..... but i'm sure you can show us... it will at least be
good for a laugh...

Old May 27th 05, 07:25 PM
tricky

> wow...you read way more than i wrote....my responces to "wrong group posts"
> are somewhat rare..... but i'm sure you can show us... it will at least be
> good for a laugh...

http://groups.google.co.uk/group/rec...a0efccc0819 a

was the one I was thinking of - but looking at it again, you didn't join
in till much later.

I take it back and apologize.

I will check before typing next time.

Rich
Old May 27th 05, 10:25 PM
Joey Tribiani

"tricky" > wrote in message >
http://groups.google.co.uk/group/rec...a0efccc0819 a

> was the one I was thinking of - but looking at it again, you didn't join
> in till much later.
>
> I take it back and apologize.
>
> I will check before typing next time.

don't take me so seriously Rich....damn man...can't a fellow yank your chain
a bit?....i remember that thread....my posts don't seem out of line nor out
of place to me...(subjective i guess)...if you really want to laugh your ass
off and think i'm a dick do googling (in this group of course) on "Bugninva"
and "assbag"....hell i might just to get a laugh...

hehe...still laughing....but i didn't realize i used "assbag" so much...i
may have worn it out...
http://groups-beta.google.com/group/...Bassbag&qt_g=1