2001 Caravan airbag light acting up

Old January 2nd 05, 02:19 AM
Rick

Default 2001 Caravan airbag light acting up

Hi all,
My van has only 45,000 miles on it and on a recent trip I noticed that the
airbag light now goes on and off in about 1-2 minute cycles, even when not
moving the steering wheel. I know that there is a recall on earlier models
to replace the clockspring, but none for this year.
Has anyone else experienced this problem? What can I expect if I take it to
a dealer to check out. I don't have an extended warranty.
Seems like one defective thing after another with these vehicles. Poor
heater operation, sway bar bushings, miniscule evap leak codes and now this.
Rick

Old January 2nd 05, 10:14 AM
maxpower

Could be a few things causing this, I would have the system scanned to find
out what the problem is. It may cause the bag to prematurely go off or not
go when if needed
Glenn Beasley
Chrysler Tech

Old January 2nd 05, 10:14 AM
maxpower

Old January 2nd 05, 02:58 PM
mic canic

the airbag system in your vehicle is a system designed to save your life and it
will as long as the proper people with the proper tools work on it. yes it may
cost some coin, but whats worse, not having it when you need it???
take it to a dealer with a body shop to ensure a tech who has the exp. and the
know how to properly fix the issue
no guessing on this one. there was a issue with the dr. squib circuts failing
to maintain a tight connection as well as some pretensoners issues
and i first hand experence with one saving my life as well as years working on
them

Old January 2nd 05, 02:58 PM
mic canic

Old January 3rd 05, 11:50 PM
Bob Snyder

Check with your local dealer to see if the 91's have been recalled for clock
spring failure. You may be among the first to experience the problem that
we'll see if we keep our vans long enough.

Old January 3rd 05, 11:50 PM
Bob Snyder

Old January 4th 05, 08:19 PM
maxpower

Some people just have no brains. Are you Daniel Sterns brother?

Old January 4th 05, 08:19 PM
maxpower

Old January 6th 05, 03:51 AM
mic canic

well tim i was put in the most awkward driving scenario a driver can face what
do you hit first after being hit, a tree, a truck well in a fraction of a second
i picked the truck because trees don't give and at 45 mph the airbag in my
truck went off and even with the seat belt firmly wrapped around my body i
still became a
airborne object but my airbag stopped that and i stayed somewhat confined
but my hand did manage to go thru the windshield and i did suffer a pinched
nerve in the neck
i can't even imagine what i would look like had i not had my belt on and my
airbag in working order
you see tim and i will spare people of using profanity such as u used
i have a long history of racing cars and dirtbikes and know dam well what
safety equipment. is mean't to do so i make sure i use it
grow up