Does the E36 have anti polen filter?

Old August 18th 06, 11:46 AM posted to alt.autos.bmw
vricardo

Default Does the E36 have anti polen filter?

Hello all!

Does the E36 have anti polen filter? Where? I sure can't see it...

Thanks,

Vasco Ricardo

Old August 18th 06, 02:30 PM posted to alt.autos.bmw
Fred W[_1_]

vricardo wrote:
> Hello all!
>
> Does the E36 have anti polen filter? Where? I sure can't see it...
>
> Thanks,
>
> Vasco Ricardo

Yep. It's up under the dash.

http://www.unofficialbmw.com/repair_...crofilter.html

--
-Fred W
Old August 19th 06, 07:49 PM posted to alt.autos.bmw
Jeff Strickland[_1_]

Yes it does.

You have to remove the Glove box and the kick plate above the passenger side
foot well (assuming a left hand drive). The MICROFILTER is located
immediately above the transmission hump at the forward most position in the
dashboard. There is a latch that takes a 1/4-turn to open, and a cover of
about 8 x 2 (inches) will come off into the passenger foot well, then the
filter can be removed.

There is a block full of relays that may be in the way, but these can be
moved aside by simply removing the mounting screws and pushing them agains
the wires. There is no need to remove the relay block or disconnect the
connectors.

lkaboutautos.com...

Old August 22nd 06, 02:46 PM posted to alt.autos.bmw
Dodgy

On Sat, 19 Aug 2006 11:49:14 -0700, "Jeff Strickland"
> waffled on about something:

>Yes it does.
>
>You have to remove the Glove box and the kick plate above the passenger side
>foot well (assuming a left hand drive). The MICROFILTER is located
>immediately above the transmission hump at the forward most position in the
>dashboard. There is a latch that takes a 1/4-turn to open, and a cover of
>about 8 x 2 (inches) will come off into the passenger foot well, then the
>filter can be removed.
>
>There is a block full of relays that may be in the way, but these can be
>moved aside by simply removing the mounting screws and pushing them agains
>the wires. There is no need to remove the relay block or disconnect the
>connectors.

Do they all have one?

I only ask as my old E36 had them marked off as being changed during
dealer services, but my new E36 has n/a written on all the service
sheets.

Dodgy.
--
MUSHROOMS ARE THE OPIATE OF THE MOOSES
Old August 23rd 06, 01:25 AM posted to alt.autos.bmw
Jeff Strickland[_1_]

"Dodgy" > wrote in message
> On Sat, 19 Aug 2006 11:49:14 -0700, "Jeff Strickland"
> > waffled on about something:
>
>>Yes it does.
>>
>>You have to remove the Glove box and the kick plate above the passenger
>>side
>>foot well (assuming a left hand drive). The MICROFILTER is located
>>immediately above the transmission hump at the forward most position in
>>the
>>dashboard. There is a latch that takes a 1/4-turn to open, and a cover of
>>about 8 x 2 (inches) will come off into the passenger foot well, then the
>>filter can be removed.
>>
>>There is a block full of relays that may be in the way, but these can be
>>moved aside by simply removing the mounting screws and pushing them agains
>>the wires. There is no need to remove the relay block or disconnect the
>>connectors.

> Do they all have one?

Yes, they all have one. N/A means it was not serviced, it does not mean
there isn't one.

If you take the time to replace it, the airflow through the Life Support
System will improve greatly. That's GREATLY.

Old August 24th 06, 04:38 PM posted to alt.autos.bmw
Fred W[_1_]

Dodgy wrote:
> On Sat, 19 Aug 2006 11:49:14 -0700, "Jeff Strickland"
> > waffled on about something:
>

>>Yes it does.
>>
>>You have to remove the Glove box and the kick plate above the passenger side
>>foot well (assuming a left hand drive). The MICROFILTER is located
>>immediately above the transmission hump at the forward most position in the
>>dashboard. There is a latch that takes a 1/4-turn to open, and a cover of
>>about 8 x 2 (inches) will come off into the passenger foot well, then the
>>filter can be removed.
>>
>>There is a block full of relays that may be in the way, but these can be
>>moved aside by simply removing the mounting screws and pushing them agains
>>the wires. There is no need to remove the relay block or disconnect the
>>connectors.

> Do they all have one?
>
> I only ask as my old E36 had them marked off as being changed during
> dealer services, but my new E36 has n/a written on all the service
> sheets.

Yup.

http://www.realoem.com/bmw/

--
-Fred W
Old August 25th 06, 01:13 AM posted to alt.autos.bmw
Jeff Strickland[_1_]

"Dodgy" > wrote in message
> On Tue, 22 Aug 2006 17:25:03 -0700, "Jeff Strickland"
> > waffled on about something:
>

>>"Dodgy" > wrote in message
. ..
>>> On Sat, 19 Aug 2006 11:49:14 -0700, "Jeff Strickland"

>>> Do they all have one?
>>>

>>Yes, they all have one. N/A means it was not serviced, it does not mean
>>there isn't one.
>>
>>If you take the time to replace it, the airflow through the Life Support
>>System will improve greatly. That's GREATLY.

> Ooooh, in that case I think I am going to be laying upsidedown in a
> footwell this weekend then )
>
> (Well I've got a new stereo to put in anyway, so whilst the dash is in
> 101 bits it would be daft not to!)
>
> Dodgy.

Well, be advised that the stereo and the microfilter share nothing in the
way of access, except that you need to be in the car to get to them.

The Factory Radio takes a special 5-sided allen key to remove it, while you
are at the dealership getting a new filter, buy the allen key too.