How to get to door speaker in '96 Odyssey?

Old April 25th 06, 07:44 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda

Default How to get to door speaker in '96 Odyssey?

I'm trying to help my neighbor take apart the inner plastic panel of the
driver side door of his '96 Honda Odyssey.
We removed the 3 screws securing it

-one screw on the interior door handle,
-one screw onside the plastic well by the window controls,
-one screw on the center of the inner plastic panel

We removed the inner door lock handle

Now what? The plastic panel is moving some but it still seems attached ?
Any help?

Old April 25th 06, 11:21 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda

Default Never mind - figured it out.

I guess once you have removed the 3 screws you pry the plastic clips open.
I did not want to apply too much force for fear of breaking it but
sometimes force is the solution.

Old April 26th 06, 05:26 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda

ThomasE wrote:

> I'm trying to help my neighbor take apart the inner plastic panel of the
> driver side door of his '96 Honda Odyssey.
> We removed the 3 screws securing it
>
> -one screw on the interior door handle,
> -one screw onside the plastic well by the window controls,
> -one screw on the center of the inner plastic panel
>
> We removed the inner door lock handle
>
> Now what? The plastic panel is moving some but it still seems attached ?
> Any help?

--------------------------------

As with any door panel on a Honda (and most cars), there's five or so
plastic or wire clips that are mounted on the door panel and poked into
the metal part of the door. They just pop out, but it takes a bit of
violence to get them to start. Look at www.slhondaparts.com for your
exploded diagrams to see if you've missed any other hidden screws.....

'Curly'

2006 Odyssey - should i buy one? Felton Barch Honda 6 March 30th 06 05:32 AM
The new 2005 Honda Odyssey sam246 Honda 0 July 5th 05 09:49 AM
Odyssey Values? [email protected] Honda 1 February 21st 05 06:07 PM
Odyssey AWD David of Ashland Honda 0 February 8th 05 06:36 PM
2005 Odyssey iPod Connection Russ Fink Honda 10 January 2nd 05 12:34 AM