I am going to jump off a bridge

Old March 10th 05, 02:57 AM

Default I am going to jump off a bridge

Hello all:
I bought a 2002 Ford Explorer with 42,000 miles on it. I love the
truck, excepet for these niggling issues.

1. Between 2300 and 2800 RPM I hear a noise like metal being ground up
in a blender.

2. there is an annoying squeak that comes from the rear end of the
truck when I go over bumps. I was wondering if anyone else has
experienced this.

3. The truck idles roughly, I cleaned out the MAF and changed the air
filter. I also had it scanned, and there were no trouble codes found.
Any clues as to what may be causing this?

Thank you very much.

Homerjay.

Old March 10th 05, 03:29 AM
Beeper

1. Where's the grinding noise coming from?
2. squeak could be anything. Shock? Jack loose in storage rubbing something?
3. Rough idle...All the time? when cold? If all the time I'd lean towards
the IAC valve plunger needing a cleaning. If when cold only...Might be an
intake manifold leak. Don't rule out a fuel filter change.
oups.com...

Old March 15th 05, 08:00 PM
HeyNow

We have a 2002 Explorer we bought new and it has the same damn grinding
noise. What the hell is that? And we have the same squeak in the rear.
Sounds like a spring to me.