In the market for new meats.

Old January 22nd 05, 08:45 PM
DougW

Default In the market for new meats.

Well, the ol ZJ looks like it is gonna need some new rubber
this year. The tires on it now, Michelin LTX M/S (P225-75R15)
have lasted well. My driving style is agressive so the outside
edge tend to wear smooth, even with rotating the wheels.

The ones I had prior were Pirelli Scorpion II P215-75R15 and while
they did real well on dry pavement and even snow, they sucked royally
on standing water. Then again they are a 1/3 tire (mud, highway, slick)
so go figure.

Shopping for a 225 or maby 235 in a good highway/mix tread style.
(mostly the ZJ is on pavement with gravel and dirt making up most of
it's "off road" trips. Even thinking of stepping up the rim size to
16-18" to improve cornering while still keeping clearance.

Then again it may be time to up the suspension, put on some
larger rims, and tuck 30's. I dunno. While that would be
fun it's also not very useful for the limited off-roading I do
these days. Then again that's new R&P in the ever so beefy D35c.

Any thoughts?

--
DougW

Old January 23rd 05, 09:11 AM
Kevin in San Diego

BFG TA/KO
KH

Old January 23rd 05, 09:02 PM
L.W.(ßill) Hughes III

http://www.billhughes.com/dougsJeep.htm
God Bless America, ßill O|||||||O

Old January 23rd 05, 09:30 PM
DougW

L.W. ("ßill") Hughes III did pass the time by typing:
> http://www.billhughes.com/dougsJeep.htm

Yo! Doze spinner be DA BOMB!

... or something like that ..

Some folks see spinners, I see unsprung weight.

--
DougW

Old January 23rd 05, 09:42 PM
Patrick

Bill, is that a 6x6 ?

GPTId.4980$8Q.2113@okepread06...

Old January 23rd 05, 10:24 PM
DougW

Patrick did pass the time by typing:
> Bill, is that a 6x6 ?

Jeep Grand Photoshop.

^_^
http://members.cox.net/wilsond/wierdjeep.jpg

Old January 23rd 05, 10:39 PM
L.W.(ßill) Hughes III

Six by Six by DougW.-
God Bless America, ßill O|||||||O
http://www.billhughes.com/

Old January 23rd 05, 11:33 PM

DougW wrote:
> Well, the ol ZJ looks like it is gonna need some new rubber
> this year. The tires on it now, Michelin LTX M/S (P225-75R15)
>[...]
> Any thoughts?

I put Michilen XCX/APT on the the Wrangler and it made a noticable
difference - I can get much farther from help before getting stuck. I
am seriously considering the Brigestone Dueler Revo for my wife's
Liberty. If you are not hauling youth groups in the ZJ then look at
the ProComp 31's.

Old January 24th 05, 12:19 AM
L.W.(ßill) Hughes III

That's the only think I hate about my BF Goodrich AT KOs, they're
made my Michelin in a cowardly country.
God Bless America, ßill O|||||||O
http://www.billhughes.com/

Old January 24th 05, 03:05 AM
Kevin in San Diego

yeah, the tires dont give up nearly as easily as their country of origin.
Oh well, our economy benefits from the sale of those tires. Its not like we
dont get anything out of the deal.
KH