Service

Old October 14th 04, 03:56 PM
David A Smith

Default Service

I am not used to being treated like this!!!

It started when I phoned to book a service on my 147, I don't do that many
miles now so it is a year since the last service. (The car is three years
old now and has done 24,000 miles, as the service interval is 12000 miles or
annually, which ever comes first, this is the 36,000 mile service!)

As I was talking on the phone, I was asked. "Is that Mr Thomson?" no, but
you are just one letter out.

"Ah, Mr Smith" yes but what is my first name? "D.... David?" That's not bad
after 12 months.

When I arrived at the appointed time I was greeted by name!!! The initial
formalities were quickly completed, and I was given directions to a local
hostelry where I could while away the 2 hours scheduled for the service.

After a couple of coffees and a very welcome lunch, I settled down to read
my book again. At about 2 o'clock I received a call on my mobile, to say the
car was finished, and would I like a lift back to the garage as it was
absolutely tipping down!!!

I was collected in my own car and for the first time in three years of
ownership I wasn't the actual driver of the car!

The 24,000 / 36,000 mile service had been completed, and I got change from
£200!!!

So unless you enjoy being nothing more than an owner identified by a
registration number, If you enjoy walking half a mile back from the
pub/hotel in the rain, if you don't want to receive good old-fashioned
courtesy and 'service', and want to pay through the nose for the privilege,
steer clear of Monza Sport, in Cowfold west Sussex (yes there is such a
village).

They may not be a franchised dealer, but they could teach such dealers and
dare I say it Alfa GB, a thing or two about service.

It was certainly worth the 100 plus mile round trip.

Highly recommended, (please note I am nothing more than a satisfied
customer).

Dave

Old October 15th 04, 10:19 AM
eeyore7

Alfa really have to do something about their service reputation. I got the
36000 mile service done at my local dealer and they drained the steering
fluid and never filled it up 2 days later power steering motor groaning
like mad.
Unfortunately I live in Scotland so I'll have to wait on Monzasport
opening one up here!
Davie 156 2.0 selespeed

Old October 15th 04, 03:33 PM
Simon C

I bought my 156 from Monza Sport and was looked after much better that I
have been with my current service provider. Unfortunately, it would mean a
very long round trip for a service.

Simon C
156 2.4JTD V1 (2002)
To reply: remove nospam. from the address

Old October 16th 04, 12:21 PM

"David A Smith" > wrote in message >...
> I am not used to being treated like this!!!
>
> It started when I phoned to book a service on my 147, I don't do that many
> miles now so it is a year since the last service. (The car is three years
> old now and has done 24,000 miles, as the service interval is 12000 miles or
> annually, which ever comes first, this is the 36,000 mile service!)
>
> As I was talking on the phone, I was asked. "Is that Mr Thomson?" no, but
> you are just one letter out.
>
> "Ah, Mr Smith" yes but what is my first name? "D.... David?" That's not bad
> after 12 months.
>
> When I arrived at the appointed time I was greeted by name!!! The initial
> formalities were quickly completed, and I was given directions to a local
> hostelry where I could while away the 2 hours scheduled for the service.
>
> After a couple of coffees and a very welcome lunch, I settled down to read
> my book again. At about 2 o'clock I received a call on my mobile, to say the
> car was finished, and would I like a lift back to the garage as it was
> absolutely tipping down!!!
>
> I was collected in my own car and for the first time in three years of
> ownership I wasn't the actual driver of the car!
>
> The 24,000 / 36,000 mile service had been completed, and I got change from
> £200!!!
>
> So unless you enjoy being nothing more than an owner identified by a
> registration number, If you enjoy walking half a mile back from the
> pub/hotel in the rain, if you don't want to receive good old-fashioned
> courtesy and 'service', and want to pay through the nose for the privilege,
> steer clear of Monza Sport, in Cowfold west Sussex (yes there is such a
> village).
>
> They may not be a franchised dealer, but they could teach such dealers and
> dare I say it Alfa GB, a thing or two about service.
>
> It was certainly worth the 100 plus mile round trip.
>
> Highly recommended, (please note I am nothing more than a satisfied
> customer).
>
> Dave

Hi Dave,
Why not e-mail this story to Alfa GB. and see what they have to say.
John, UK.
Old October 19th 04, 03:36 PM
David A Smith

> wrote in message
om...
> "David A Smith" > wrote in message
>> I am not used to being treated like this!!!
>>
>> It started when I phoned to book a service on my 147, I don't do that
>> many
>> miles now so it is a year since the last service. (The car is three years
>> old now and has done 24,000 miles, as the service interval is 12000 miles
>> or
>> annually, which ever comes first, this is the 36,000 mile service!)
>>
>> As I was talking on the phone, I was asked. "Is that Mr Thomson?" no, but
>> you are just one letter out.
>>
>> "Ah, Mr Smith" yes but what is my first name? "D.... David?" That's not
>> bad
>> after 12 months.
>>
>> When I arrived at the appointed time I was greeted by name!!! The
>> initial
>> formalities were quickly completed, and I was given directions to a local
>> hostelry where I could while away the 2 hours scheduled for the service.
>>
>> After a couple of coffees and a very welcome lunch, I settled down to
>> read
>> my book again. At about 2 o'clock I received a call on my mobile, to say
>> the
>> car was finished, and would I like a lift back to the garage as it was
>> absolutely tipping down!!!
>>
>> I was collected in my own car and for the first time in three years of
>> ownership I wasn't the actual driver of the car!
>>
>> The 24,000 / 36,000 mile service had been completed, and I got change
>> from
>> £200!!!
>>
>> So unless you enjoy being nothing more than an owner identified by a
>> registration number, If you enjoy walking half a mile back from the
>> pub/hotel in the rain, if you don't want to receive good old-fashioned
>> courtesy and 'service', and want to pay through the nose for the
>> privilege,
>> steer clear of Monza Sport, in Cowfold west Sussex (yes there is such a
>> village).
>>
>> They may not be a franchised dealer, but they could teach such dealers
>> and
>> dare I say it Alfa GB, a thing or two about service.
>>
>> It was certainly worth the 100 plus mile round trip.
>>
>> Highly recommended, (please note I am nothing more than a satisfied
>> customer).
>>
>> Dave

> Hi Dave,
> Why not e-mail this story to Alfa GB. and see what they have to say.
> John, UK.

Good idea John, I might just do that, I was going to send it to AROC
anyway.

Dave