And You Wonder Why I Want 400HP...

Old March 6th 05, 06:01 AM
Laura Bush murdered her boy friend

Default And You Wonder Why I Want 400HP...

Scott en Aztl=E1n wrote:
> So I'm stuck behind a micro-passing LLB. Posted Speed Limit: 75 MPH;
> Sloth Passer's speed: 65 MPH. Unfortunately, he's passing a line of
> speed-governed semis. After many agonizing minutes, we reach a gap in
> the semis where this guy could easily move right and allow the long
> line of faster cars to pass. However, being a hardcore LLB, he

refuses
> to budge.
>
> In a flash, I'm down 2 gears, I'm in the right lane, and I'm passing
> him. Of course, you know what happens next: Mr. Sloth Passer, who for
> the last half hour has been perfectly content to drive 65 MPH,
> suddenly SPEEDS UP in a lame attempt to prevent me from passing him.
>
> Unfortunately for him, he never had a chance. Before his slushbox

even
> drops down to passing gear, I'm already around his Sloth ass and back
> in the left lane.
>
> Asshole Sloths like this are the reason I refuse to buy Torqueless
> Wondercars. I really love the looks of the new RX-8, and the handling
> is fabulous, but that little sewing machine engine just won't do.

You're an emmeffing psycopath. Rather than just drive 65 mph for few
miles, you choose to jeopardize the lives of everyone else on the roads.

Old March 7th 05, 01:47 AM
Old Wolf

Scott en Aztl=E1n wrote:
> So I'm stuck behind a micro-passing LLB. Posted Speed Limit: 75 MPH;
> Sloth Passer's speed: 65 MPH. Unfortunately, he's passing a line of
> speed-governed semis. After many agonizing minutes, we reach a gap in
> the semis where this guy could easily move right and allow the long
> line of faster cars to pass. However, being a hardcore LLB, he

refuses
> to budge.
>
> In a flash, I'm down 2 gears, I'm in the right lane, and I'm passing
> him. Of course, you know what happens next: Mr. Sloth Passer, who for
> the last half hour has been perfectly content to drive 65 MPH,
> suddenly SPEEDS UP in a lame attempt to prevent me from passing him.
>
> Unfortunately for him, he never had a chance. Before his slushbox

even
> drops down to passing gear, I'm already around his Sloth ass and back
> in the left lane.
>
> Asshole Sloths like this are the reason I refuse to buy Torqueless
> Wondercars. I really love the looks of the new RX-8, and the handling
> is fabulous, but that little sewing machine engine just won't do.

Sewing machine engine? It produces 191kW (250+ hp), which is
more than you can say for a sewing machine! If that still isn't
enough for you, slap on a turbo.

Old March 7th 05, 06:28 PM
Larry Bud

> Unfortunately for him, he never had a chance. Before his slushbox
even
> drops down to passing gear, I'm already around his Sloth ass and back
> in the left lane.

The other trick is so get along side the LLB, let off the gas, the LLB
slows down with you, then you punch it and get in front of him. Works
90% of the time.

Scott, do you have another car besides the Vette? I find that left
lane runners move right more often when I'm in my Vette coming up on
them rather than when I'm in my Saturn. I guess they figure I mean
business ;-)

Old March 7th 05, 07:44 PM
Daniel W. Rouse Jr.

"Larry Bud" > wrote in message
oups.com...
> > Unfortunately for him, he never had a chance. Before his slushbox

> even
> > drops down to passing gear, I'm already around his Sloth ass and back
> > in the left lane.

> The other trick is so get along side the LLB, let off the gas, the LLB
> slows down with you, then you punch it and get in front of him. Works
> 90% of the time.
>
> Scott, do you have another car besides the Vette? I find that left
> lane runners move right more often when I'm in my Vette coming up on
> them rather than when I'm in my Saturn. I guess they figure I mean
> business ;-)

Um, I brake for Vettes just as I do any other Chevrolet that approaches too
fast with the intent on tailgating me--in fact, I brake even earlier so they
actually see the brake lights and actually slow down! Yeah, ok, the Corvette
may be race car inspired, but it's still just another Chevy in my book.

I'll move over when a suitable gap allows me to merge right (which means a
*minimum* of two headlights in the rearview mirror)--not when some speed
loon wants me to move over. And if I'm following behind another vehicle,
then I'm not merging right, period, end of story.

Old March 7th 05, 09:08 PM
Skip Elliott Bowman

"Daniel W. Rouse Jr." > wrote in message

> actually see the brake lights and actually slow down! Yeah, ok, the
> Corvette
> may be race car inspired, but it's still just another Chevy in my book.

Yah, just another Chevy with 500 HP...

Old March 7th 05, 09:37 PM
Old Wolf

Scott en Aztl=E1n wrote:
> "Old Wolf" > wrote:
>

> >Sewing machine engine? It produces 191kW (250+ hp), which is
> >more than you can say for a sewing machine!

> I'm exaggerating for effect. Remember, I consider the 270 HP Acura TL
> to be merely "adequate." There's no way I'd even consider dropping
> down to a 237 HP (NOT 250 - Mazda made a boo-boo and had to reduce

the
> power rating) engine.

Difference -- Acura is FWD, RX8 is RWD. (Not that that makes
the reduced power any more acceptable, of course, I'm saying
that I'd rather have RWD even if there's less power).

I suppose you can only have 2 of these 3: { fast, good handling, cheap }

Old March 7th 05, 10:22 PM
Big Bill

On Mon, 07 Mar 2005 20:08:28 GMT, "Skip Elliott Bowman"
> wrote:

>"Daniel W. Rouse Jr." > wrote in message
>
>> actually see the brake lights and actually slow down! Yeah, ok, the
>> Corvette
>> may be race car inspired, but it's still just another Chevy in my book.

>Yah, just another Chevy with 500 HP...

500HP. Big deal.
They run out of torque before they reach a speed that 500 HP will
support.

--
Bill Funk
Change "g" to "a"
Old March 8th 05, 02:20 AM
Larry Bud

Daniel W. Rouse Jr. wrote:
> "Larry Bud" > wrote in message
> oups.com...
> > > Unfortunately for him, he never had a chance. Before his slushbox

> > even
> > > drops down to passing gear, I'm already around his Sloth ass and

back
> > > in the left lane.

> > The other trick is so get along side the LLB, let off the gas, the

LLB
> > slows down with you, then you punch it and get in front of him.

Works
> > 90% of the time.
> >
> > Scott, do you have another car besides the Vette? I find that left
> > lane runners move right more often when I'm in my Vette coming up

on
> > them rather than when I'm in my Saturn. I guess they figure I

mean
> > business ;-)
> >

> Um, I brake for Vettes just as I do any other Chevrolet that

approaches too
> fast with the intent on tailgating me--in fact, I brake even earlier

so they
> actually see the brake lights and actually slow down! Yeah, ok, the

Corvette
> may be race car inspired, but it's still just another Chevy in my

book.

My intent is to get from place A to place B. If you'd stay right
except to pass, everybody would be happy. Well, maybe not you, because
you don't get the chance to be an asshole.

Old March 8th 05, 09:50 AM
Daniel W. Rouse Jr.

"Larry Bud" > wrote in message
oups.com...

> Daniel W. Rouse Jr. wrote:
> > "Larry Bud" > wrote in message
> > oups.com...
> > > even

> back
> > >
> > > The other trick is so get along side the LLB, let off the gas, the

> LLB
> > > slows down with you, then you punch it and get in front of him.

> Works
> > > 90% of the time.
> > >
> > > Scott, do you have another car besides the Vette? I find that left
> > > lane runners move right more often when I'm in my Vette coming up

> on
> > > them rather than when I'm in my Saturn. I guess they figure I

> mean
> > > business ;-)
> > >

> > Um, I brake for Vettes just as I do any other Chevrolet that

> approaches too
> > fast with the intent on tailgating me--in fact, I brake even earlier

> so they
> > actually see the brake lights and actually slow down! Yeah, ok, the

> Corvette
> > may be race car inspired, but it's still just another Chevy in my

> book.
>
> My intent is to get from place A to place B. If you'd stay right
> except to pass, everybody would be happy. Well, maybe not you, because
> you don't get the chance to be an asshole.

In general, I do stay right. However, if I find myself in the left lane:

a) I won't merge right unless a safe gap (as I already defined above) is
available for me to merge into; and

b) I won't merge right if I'm following behind another vehicle unless *I*
want to pass it on the right--after all, I'm not the LLB.

The fact that a Vette is rapidly approaching behind me only means that I
take earlier pre-emptive mesures to alert the driver behind me (i.e.,
flashing the brake lights even if I don't actually slow down the vehicle)
sooner.

Now, I personally think the Vette driver--since we're talking about Vette's
in this discussion thread--is MORE of an asshole if that driver attempts to
try and "push" me to go faster by using as much horsepower as possible to
"divebomb" me and tailgate me.

Others may vary depending on how much they are prone to recklessness and
other MFFY speed-related behavior.

Old March 8th 05, 02:13 PM
Larry Bud

> b) I won't merge right if I'm following behind another vehicle unless
*I*
> want to pass it on the right--after all, I'm not the LLB.

That's the problem right there. Once one LLB gets in the left lane,
further blocking of the left doesn't help anybody.

> Now, I personally think the Vette driver--since we're talking about

Vette's
> in this discussion thread--is MORE of an asshole if that driver

attempts to
> try and "push" me to go faster by using as much horsepower as

possible to
> "divebomb" me and tailgate me.

Who ever said he was going to tailgate you?