Do you think that this wheel can be fixed

Old March 7th 05, 01:36 AM
pws

Default Do you think that this wheel can be fixed

This wheel was on the front of a miata, luckily not mine, that hit a
curb and appears to have suffered some damage. Do you think that it may
be possible to fix this one? ;-)

http://image.inkfrog.com/pix/pat/brokenwheel.jpg
http://image.inkfrog.com/pix/pat/brokenwheel2.jpg

Pat
Old March 7th 05, 02:16 AM
Dana H. Myers

pws wrote:
> This wheel was on the front of a miata, luckily not mine, that hit a
> curb and appears to have suffered some damage. Do you think that it may
> be possible to fix this one? ;-)
>
> http://image.inkfrog.com/pix/pat/brokenwheel.jpg
> http://image.inkfrog.com/pix/pat/brokenwheel2.jpg

Depends on your definition of "fix".

:-)

Dana

Old March 7th 05, 04:35 AM
Natman

On Mon, 07 Mar 2005 01:36:55 GMT, pws > wrote:

>This wheel was on the front of a miata, luckily not mine, that hit a
>curb and appears to have suffered some damage. Do you think that it may
>be possible to fix this one? ;-)
>
>http://image.inkfrog.com/pix/pat/brokenwheel.jpg
>http://image.inkfrog.com/pix/pat/brokenwheel2.jpg
>
>Pat

No.
Old March 7th 05, 05:42 AM
XS11E

pws > wrote in
:

> This wheel was on the front of a miata, luckily not mine, that hit
> a curb and appears to have suffered some damage. Do you think that
> it may be possible to fix this one? ;-)
>
> http://image.inkfrog.com/pix/pat/brokenwheel.jpg
> http://image.inkfrog.com/pix/pat/brokenwheel2.jpg

Sure, there are three methods:

Southern = duct tape
Western = bailing wire
Hi Tech = JB Weld

Good luck.... <GD&R>

Old March 7th 05, 05:28 PM
pws

XS11E wrote:
> pws > wrote in
> :
>

>>This wheel was on the front of a miata, luckily not mine, that hit
>>a curb and appears to have suffered some damage. Do you think that
>>it may be possible to fix this one? ;-)
>>
>>http://image.inkfrog.com/pix/pat/brokenwheel.jpg
>>http://image.inkfrog.com/pix/pat/brokenwheel2.jpg

> Sure, there are three methods:
>
> Southern = duct tape
> Western = bailing wire
> Hi Tech = JB Weld
>
> Good luck.... <GD&R>

I am going with the Southern hi-tech redneck approach. First, a liberal
supply of JB Weld followed by duct tape, both inside and outside. It
should be good as new. There may be some trouble with balancing, but
miatas aren't that sensitive to wheel balance anyway. :-)

Pat
Old March 8th 05, 02:44 AM
Ken Lyons

"pws" > wrote in message
> This wheel was on the front of a miata, luckily not mine, that hit a
> curb and appears to have suffered some damage. Do you think that it may
> be possible to fix this one? ;-)
>
> http://image.inkfrog.com/pix/pat/brokenwheel.jpg
> http://image.inkfrog.com/pix/pat/brokenwheel2.jpg
>
> Pat

Until now I thought Leon had the RAMMM Tongue-in-Cheek Award wrapped up.
--
Ken Lyons '97 Brilliant Black/'90 Classic Red
Inside the Beltway

Old March 8th 05, 04:34 AM
pws

Ken Lyons wrote:
> "pws" > wrote in message
>
>>This wheel was on the front of a miata, luckily not mine, that hit a
>>curb and appears to have suffered some damage. Do you think that it may
>>be possible to fix this one? ;-)
>>
>>http://image.inkfrog.com/pix/pat/brokenwheel.jpg
>>http://image.inkfrog.com/pix/pat/brokenwheel2.jpg
>>
>>Pat

> Until now I thought Leon had the RAMMM Tongue-in-Cheek Award wrapped up.

I wouldn't challenge Leon and hope to win on anything, except, finally
after 5 years, a drag race between our two miatas, and I don't think
either one of us is much interested in drag racing. My car should have
just enough additional power to weight ratio to make up for the color
handicap of racing a red car against a white one. Of course, I will need
to turn the boost up to 15 for make certain of that. :-)

Pat
Old March 8th 05, 04:46 AM
Chris D'Agnolo

With this you have locked up the tounge-in-cheek award1

Congrats!

Chris
92BB&T

Old March 8th 05, 04:52 AM
pws

Natman wrote:

> On Mon, 07 Mar 2005 01:36:55 GMT, pws > wrote:
>

>>This wheel was on the front of a miata, luckily not mine, that hit a
>>curb and appears to have suffered some damage. Do you think that it may
>>be possible to fix this one? ;-)
>>
>>http://image.inkfrog.com/pix/pat/brokenwheel.jpg
>>http://image.inkfrog.com/pix/pat/brokenwheel2.jpg
>>
>>Pat

> No.

O' ye of little faith!

That was a joke, not a good one, but a joke. Don't worry, I'm not
quitting my day job. :-)
This is just the most wasted wheel that I have ever seen from any miata
wreck and I thought some people might get a kick out of seeing the
pictures, especially since it is so slow right now in this newsgroup.

Pat
Old March 8th 05, 04:57 AM
pws

Chris D'Agnolo wrote:

> With this you have locked up the tounge-in-cheek award1
>
> Congrats!
>
> Chris
> 92BB&T

Thanks! But that isn't fair, Leon hasn't had a chance to reply yet, and
I expect a good one. He is probably out there right now on a street
corner explaining things like thermal dynamics to strangers. (bring it
on, Leon) :-)

Pat