rhd

Old September 29th 09, 02:54 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
peter

Default rhd

anyone have a rhd miata?

where did you get it>

tia.
peter

ps no takers on the antenna issue? i will be getting backl to it
tomorrow
Old September 29th 09, 05:53 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Ttoommy[_3_]

I have a 1999 1.8 gray import mk 2 - no "miata" on it neither is MX5 just
"roadster"

Got it from an importer in 2002 from an ad in autotrader - used to be easy
and loads of mk1s were imported into the UK and then it got morediificult so
very few mk2s

Old September 29th 09, 08:32 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Douglas Payne

peter wrote:
> anyone have a rhd miata?
>
> where did you get it>
>
> tia.
> peter
>
> ps no takers on the antenna issue? i will be getting backl to it
> tomorrow

My MX-5 is RHD, but I live in Scotland and bought mine locally.

Cars made for the Japanese domestic market are also RHD.

--
Douglas
Old September 29th 09, 09:54 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Me[_12_]

peter wrote:
> anyone have a rhd miata?
>
> where did you get it>

I've got one here (in NZ) JDM used import - lots of them here.
1998 NB VS SE (1800 / 6 spd / Torsen LSD / Nardi wood & leather)

Some differences (apart from the obvious LHD/RHD ones) for my NB JDM RHD
vs US market LHD seem to be:

No EGR - the manifold is cast to fit EGR, but not machined.
Exhaust headers 4:2:1 standard - no "pre" cat.
Red line on tacho 7500 rpm.
No OBDII interface. Diagnostics by Mazda #10 25 pin connector - haven't
needed to try this, but faults are readable by bridging contacts and
reading voltage pulse from other contacts. Mazda dealerships can
probably plug a diagnostic device straight in.

Old September 29th 09, 01:44 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Stuart H.[_3_]

peter wrote:
> anyone have a rhd miata?
>
> where did you get it>
>
> tia.
> peter
>
> ps no takers on the antenna issue? i will be getting backl to it
> tomorrow

1991 Eunos Roadster JDM BRG with tan leather. Imported into Canada in
2007 and had 67,000 km when I purchased from the first Canadian owner.
Many small differences from my previous Canadian NAs, mainly little
things like no panel light dimmer, side turn signal repeaters on fenders
(wings), no starter lockout requiring clutch depression before starting,
Speedometer only reads to 180 km/h, much smaller windshield washer
reservoir (probably due to relocation of steering column, etc.

Stuart H.
Alberta, Canada
Old October 1st 09, 03:09 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
sawdust99

I bought a 92 Eunos Roadster from a company that imports small trucks
from Japan. It is brilliant black with tan leather and Nardi steering
wheel. It had 93,000 km when I bought it last summer. One complaint
with RHD is the oil filter is behind the steering column and under the
intake. Very hard to find and change but it is still a blast to drive.
Al in Saskatoon SK, Canada

Old October 18th 09, 03:46 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Annie & Chris Lang

My year 2000 1.6 NB is RHD, but I'm in the UK along with thousands of other
RHD MX5's.

The Japanese ones are also RHD as they also drive on the Left of the
Highway, but which ever side you drive them from, you can't beat the fun of
driving them!!

Regards
Chris