2005 Ford Mustang GT Road Test

Old March 6th 05, 05:10 AM
D.K.R.

Default 2005 Ford Mustang GT Road Test

2005 Ford Mustang GT Road Test

by Rob Rothwell, auto123.com / Canadian Auto Press

The Knock'em Down, Drag'em Out Modern 1960s Muscle Car

http://automotive.mytelus.com/automo...tid=36803&pg=1

Attached Images
File Type: gif tp.gif (43 Bytes, 57 views)
Old March 6th 05, 01:45 PM
John H

On Sun, 06 Mar 2005 04:10:15 GMT, "D.K.R." >
wrote:

> 2005 Ford Mustang GT Road Test
>
> by Rob Rothwell, auto123.com / Canadian Auto Press
>

>The Knock'em Down, Drag'em Out Modern 1960s Muscle Car
>
>http://automotive.mytelus.com/automo...tid=36803&pg=1

Thanks for the link. That was a nice write up. Now I don't feel so badly about
the $31K I paid for the car!

John H

Old March 6th 05, 05:45 PM
Backyard Mechanic

D.K.R. opined in news:HovWd.11506$KI2.6465@clgrps12:

> 2005 Ford Mustang GT Road Test
>
> by Rob Rothwell, auto123.com / Canadian Auto Press
>

> The Knock'em Down, Drag'em Out Modern 1960s Muscle Car
>
> http://automotive.mytelus.com/automo...make=Ford&arti
> d=36803&pg=1
>

> begin 666 tp.gif
> Attachment decoded: tp.gif
> `
> end

A good dis-example for a Journalism 101 class.

I havent seen so much excessive alliteration since I was a boy reading Floyd
Clymer's 'Popular Mechanics' writeups... which almost are enough to make my
false teeth hurt.

But the content is good otherwise.
*******
Umm... say mr poster... images dont usually show in groups that arent 'bin'
in nature.

Old March 7th 05, 04:19 AM
RichA

On Sun, 06 Mar 2005 04:10:15 GMT, "D.K.R."
> wrote:

> 2005 Ford Mustang GT Road Test
>
> by Rob Rothwell, auto123.com / Canadian Auto Press
>

>The Knock'em Down, Drag'em Out Modern 1960s Muscle Car
>
>http://automotive.mytelus.com/automo...tid=36803&pg=1

Thats what I like, a review that is a regurgitation of auto-company
literature. SURRRRRRRE they got sub-5 second times out of it. Why
put those figures in a "review" if you don't actually test the car to
see if it can do it? What a joke.
-Rich
Old March 7th 05, 03:08 PM
tony kujawa

"RichA" > wrote in message
news
> On Sun, 06 Mar 2005 04:10:15 GMT, "D.K.R."
> > wrote:
>
> > 2005 Ford Mustang GT Road Test
> >
> > by Rob Rothwell, auto123.com / Canadian Auto Press
> >

> >The Knock'em Down, Drag'em Out Modern 1960s Muscle Car
> >

>http://automotive.mytelus.com/automo...ke=Ford&artid=

36803&pg=1

> Thats what I like, a review that is a regurgitation of auto-company
> literature. SURRRRRRRE they got sub-5 second times out of it. Why
> put those figures in a "review" if you don't actually test the car to
> see if it can do it? What a joke.
> -Rich

Couldn't agree more. I've had my doubts on the performance #'s.

Old March 7th 05, 09:39 PM
RichA

On Mon, 7 Mar 2005 09:08:40 -0500, "tony kujawa"
> wrote:

>"RichA" > wrote in message
>news
>> On Sun, 06 Mar 2005 04:10:15 GMT, "D.K.R."
>> > wrote:
>>
>> > 2005 Ford Mustang GT Road Test
>> >
>> > by Rob Rothwell, auto123.com / Canadian Auto Press
>> >

>> >The Knock'em Down, Drag'em Out Modern 1960s Muscle Car
>> >

>>http://automotive.mytelus.com/automo...ke=Ford&artid=

>36803&pg=1
>>
>> Thats what I like, a review that is a regurgitation of auto-company
>> literature. SURRRRRRRE they got sub-5 second times out of it. Why
>> put those figures in a "review" if you don't actually test the car to
>> see if it can do it? What a joke.
>> -Rich

>Couldn't agree more. I've had my doubts on the performance #'s.

The so-called "review" was just another paid-for magazine car ad.
This trend will only increase because of the loss of revenue magazines
are now feeling due to the internet and other advertising venues.
Some magazines never post a negative review about anything because
that isn't what the companies pay for.
-Rich