Valuation: 164 Lusso TwinSpark

Old June 18th 04, 11:06 PM
Catman

Colonel Tupperware wrote:

> On Fri, 18 Jun 2004 18:48:38 GMT, Catman
> > wrote:
>
>>Colonel Tupperware wrote:
>>
>>> I don't quite know how this has happened, but I seem to be the proud?
>>> owner of an Alfa Romeo 164 2.0l Twin Spark Lusso.

>>Well done that plastic soldier

> Ta
>>

> Look, I really dont want to join the Alalfa owning ranks of UKRM.

Too late bwahahaha. you own it already

Alfa 116 Giulietta 3.0l (Really) Sprint 1.7
www.cuore-sportivo.co.uk
Old June 19th 04, 11:09 AM
Colonel Tupperware

On Fri, 18 Jun 2004 22:06:03 GMT, Catman
> wrote:

>Colonel Tupperware wrote:
>
>> On Fri, 18 Jun 2004 18:48:38 GMT, Catman
>> > wrote:

>>>Well done that plastic soldier

>> Ta
>>>

>> Look, I really dont want to join the Alalfa owning ranks of UKRM.

>Too late bwahahaha. you own it already

But, but, I was given it. As an MOT failure it was worth nothing. 1
second hand tyre later at its passed the MOT. All I have to do now is
punt it out to some local italian (we have plenty here) and I'm a few
quid up.

--
ColonelTupperware
spouting ******** on Usenet since 1997
Old June 21st 04, 10:36 AM
Tom Boltwood

> From: (SteveH)
> Newsgroups: alt.autos.alfa-romeo
> Date: Fri, 18 Jun 2004 19:28:57 +0100
> Subject: Valuation: 164 Lusso TwinSpark
>
> Colonel Tupperware > wrote:
>
>> I don't quite know how this has happened, but I seem to be the proud?
>> owner of an Alfa Romeo 164 2.0l Twin Spark Lusso.
>> Leather and alloys, lowered suspension kit. Grey paint, no rust,
>> sunroof, 5sp manual.
>> Its not in the 1st flush of youth, being a 1992, but it has just
>> passed its MOT and runs well.
>> It has a mildly interesting number plate (if you happen to be called
>> Marvin Lionel Postlethwaite or any other name with MLP intials. The
>> Prefix being J and the numbers 63).
>> 2 Owners from new, all previous MOTs agree with mileage of 87757.
>> Location: Bedford
>>
>> What do you reckon for a fair price?
>>
>> The leather is not in very good condition but the rest of the car is
>> good for the age.

> Older 164s are worth absolutely bugger all to the trade - I wouldn't
> give more than £400 for it, even with such a good history / low mileage.
>
> PeteM recently picked up a similar car, but higher mileage for under
> £150 from an auction.
>
> Selling privately - advertise for £500 and see how it goes.
> --

Prices of 164s are on the up. My 95N TSpark with FSH cost me £600 two years
ago and although Glass's reckons it's worth £245, there's no way I'd sell it
for much under a grand I'd rather have the car than the money. If you look
at ebay and autotrader, the prices are starting to rise as they're all being
bought up by enthusiasts.

Old June 21st 04, 06:19 PM
Colonel Tupperware

On Mon, 21 Jun 2004 10:36:06 +0100, Tom Boltwood >
wrote:

>Prices of 164s are on the up. My 95N TSpark with FSH cost me £600 two years
>ago and although Glass's reckons it's worth £245, there's no way I'd sell it
>for much under a grand I'd rather have the car than the money. If you look
>at ebay and autotrader, the prices are starting to rise as they're all being
>bought up by enthusiasts.

On the up?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...tem=2482440354

Old June 22nd 04, 02:45 PM
Tom Boltwood

> From: Colonel Tupperware >
> Newsgroups: alt.autos.alfa-romeo
> Date: Mon, 21 Jun 2004 18:19:46 +0100
> Subject: Valuation: 164 Lusso TwinSpark
>
> On Mon, 21 Jun 2004 10:36:06 +0100, Tom Boltwood >
> wrote:
>

>> Prices of 164s are on the up. My 95N TSpark with FSH cost me £600 two years
>> ago and although Glass's reckons it's worth £245, there's no way I'd sell it
>> for much under a grand I'd rather have the car than the money. If you look
>> at ebay and autotrader, the prices are starting to rise as they're all being
>> bought up by enthusiasts.

> On the up?
>
> http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...tem=2482440354

aah, the exception that proves the rule

Note, however, that that is an H reg. The pre '92 ones aren't a patch on the
post '92 IMHO.