ticket ticket ticket ticket

Old June 5th 05, 03:10 AM

Default ticket ticket ticket ticket

There are 4 very handsom men in a new Volkswagen Golf TDI. The men
were traveling west down I70, one of them happens to be asleep for the
past 5 hours. All 4 of these men had drivers licenses. As they were
passing through Colorado they got stoped by a state trooper for going
110 miles per hour down the Interstate. The Jetta was clocked with a
sophisticated piece of technology. A "lazer speed detector" which
happens to be very accurate more so than a standard radar detector.

So the state trooper pulls them over and he asks all 4 of them for
their ID's.
All four of them give the officer their Drivers licenses. Since their
Drivers licenses double as their ID's.

The officer writes all four of them a speeding ticket for driving 110
miles per hour.

Now, keep in mind that the 4th guy in the back seat took dremamine (for
car sickness) and was asleep the whole time. He had nothing to do with
this. Was it right for the officer to write him a ticket for something
he had absolutely no part or control in?

I can't understand how this is fair. All 4 of them live in Washington
state and so there is no way for them to get down to the County seat in
Colorado to fight the ticket. Especially the 4th guy that was sleeping
the whole time.

There were 3 witnesses, can he possibly fight the ticket and win?

Old June 5th 05, 04:37 AM
JohnH

> There were 3 witnesses, can he possibly fight the ticket and win?

I know there's a punch line to this, but I just don't get it.

Old June 5th 05, 05:29 AM

<<<<
I know there's a punch line to this, but I just don't get it. >>>>

This is no joke, this actually happened. The names of the 4 men will
not be disclosed for the sake of their own privacy and well being.

Old June 5th 05, 01:30 PM
Shawn Hearn

Bull****. I don't believe this happened.
Old June 5th 05, 05:01 PM

No, this is true. This really happened. Aparently upon further
investigation i've found that the police can ticket other passengers in
the car with DL's. Because apparently they should know better and have
taken part in it.

<<<<No, it's not bull****. Bull**** at least has some possibility of
being
believed. This doesn't even come close. If idiot stick expects his
trolling to be bit on, he's going to have to get a lot better at it.

Harry K >>>>

Old June 6th 05, 05:56 AM

Why must you insist on this negative perspective? Why not do the
research yourself and then see for yourself that such laws are true.

Seeing is believing, remember?

Old June 6th 05, 07:52 AM
Ed Nuxters

On Sun, 05 Jun 2005 21:56:30 -0700, eastwardbound2003 wrote:

> Why must you insist on this negative perspective? Why not do the research
> yourself and then see for yourself that such laws are true.
>
> Seeing is believing, remember?

Idid, and I know it is not true. The driver is responsible for the
operation of the vehicle. Any police officer knows this.
Old June 6th 05, 09:20 AM

Well this isn't really the case. The state trooper can give as many
tickets as he wants. It's in court where the defendent needs to be
proven guilty. If guilt can not be proven (because said offender
wasn't driving) than all charges will be dropped.

You would be surprised at the kinds of stuff that happens on all of
Americas roads.