1998 Ford Mustang Cobra Signature Series.

Old June 1st 05, 11:29 AM
SVTKate

newsmbne.1532881$6l.334767@pd7tw2no...

Old June 3rd 05, 06:26 AM
TC

Another question same post. My idle is droping in N from 1000 to 900
then to 600 died a few times. I ran some fs cleaner becuase some
people had told me I could run 87 or 89 in the Cobra. Since doing this
it has not run right. I have since been running 91 or 93 with boost.
I think that I have found that this car is far from factory and am
going to take it to the strip to see what it runs in a true 1/4 mile.
Factory is 13.99 I think and from what I can tell it will smoke that.
Any ideas?

Thanks again,
Tom

Old June 3rd 05, 01:31 PM
SVTKate

"TC" > wrote in message
ups.com...
| Another question same post. My idle is droping in N from 1000 to 900
| then to 600 died a few times. I ran some fs cleaner

I don't know what that is.. fs cleaner.

becuase some
| people had told me I could run 87 or 89 in the Cobra. Since doing this
| it has not run right. I have since been running 91 or 93 with boost.

Did you order that owner's manual yet?
That way you do not take the advice of people who do not know what they are
talking about.

What kind of boost?
THAT may be the problem too.
Just plain ol super unleaded avoid ethanol.

| I think that I have found that this car is far from factory and am
| going to take it to the strip to see what it runs in a true 1/4 mile.
| Factory is 13.99 I think and from what I can tell it will smoke that.
| Any ideas?

Try resetting the computer, disconnect the battery for several minutes. Run
some fuel injector cleaner through a full tank of super unleaded.
When you think about the difference, using super unleaded is only a buck or
two more per tank full, not worth the hassle.
The car may run badly for a little while after the reset, that is common,
but not more than a day or so.

If the car is not factory, someone may have chipped it or done any number of
things to it.
Just be careful, don't get her all sideways and break her into pieces.

If you have questions about the problems she's having try this.

1) go to Kragen or someplace like that, have them check it for codes. They
do it for free Write them down.
2) come back and repost a new thread.
There are allot of people here that know allot about these cars. Sadly the
resident troll has run many of them off.

Kate

Old June 3rd 05, 04:45 PM
WindsorFox[SS]

SVTKate wrote:
> Good Job RIchard.
> Thanks!
>
> That reminds me, time to clean my K&N again.. and my MAF while I'm in there
> *sigh*
> wht a pain in the arse.
>
> Kate

Umm. Open IE to a web page. hold the "Ctrl" key in and scroll the
mouse wheel. It's *much* more dramatic in Firefox, but it works in IE too.

--
3am is _never_ a good hour for a summoning - a moment of lost
concentration and you've got Nader instead of Nyarlathotep.

Amphetamines are not a good idea either: unsafe at any speed. - Cadbury
Moose
Old June 3rd 05, 10:23 PM
SVTKate

Uhh...
wht kind of drugs are you doing again???

Old June 4th 05, 02:29 AM
WindsorFox[SS]

SVTKate wrote:
> Uhh...
> wht kind of drugs are you doing again???

Just do it.....

Old June 4th 05, 02:57 AM
SVTKate

| SVTKate wrote:
| > Uhh...
| > wht kind of drugs are you doing again???
| >

| Just do it.....

Ok, see, I tried it the first time, and didn't get anything
I thought I was looking for an Easter Egg!

This time, I realized WHY all of a sudden my text size was so much larger
than I usually keep it.

You butt wype!

LOL

Kate

Old June 4th 05, 03:08 PM
WindsorFox[SS]

SVTKate wrote:
> "WindsorFox[SS]" > wrote in message
> | SVTKate wrote:
> | > Uhh...
> | > wht kind of drugs are you doing again???
> | >

> | Just do it.....
>

> Ok, see, I tried it the first time, and didn't get anything
> I thought I was looking for an Easter Egg!
>
> This time, I realized WHY all of a sudden my text size was so much larger
> than I usually keep it.
>
> You butt wype!
>
> LOL
>
> Kate

Hey, you're the one complaining you couldn't read it. It works in
Adobe reader also.

Old June 4th 05, 03:25 PM
SVTKate

I hate you

| SVTKate wrote:
| > "WindsorFox[SS]" > wrote in message

| > |

Old June 8th 05, 07:26 AM
WindsorFox[SS]

SVTKate wrote:
> I hate you

I know, but I'm just chock full of interesting information.....