NSR: Why does the race end after I get in an accident ???

Old March 14th 05, 08:09 AM
pw

Default NSR: Why does the race end after I get in an accident ???

Is there a setting I missed?

I just ran Atlanta for instance, and half way through the race there
was an accident (and I was involved of course :-) and the race results
screen was immediately displayed and the race was over! There were
many laps left to race! My car seemed fine.

Also the cars only go out of view in this "sim" (no spectacular
crashes like in NR2003).

I really need to learn how to stay in line though :-) Seems harder
compared to NR2003.

-paul

-pw
remove astericks (*) from e-mail address
(use paulwilliamson at spamcop dot net)

Old March 14th 05, 02:49 PM
Plowboy

Yeah it is a setting that EA didnt make for you to adjust easily. google
this group, you got to edit the (PlayerName you created).PLR file using
NOTEPAD. I cannot recall exactly what the line youre looking for, something
about AIcontrol of car. Like I said google this group searching or look at
the reasonably good forums on OnlineRacin.com site.
pw enlightened us with:

Old March 14th 05, 03:26 PM
Smokin_Bob

In the Player.plr file, you will need to edit the line

NoAIControl=0, change the '0' to a 1 and the AI will not kick you out
of the car after a day ending wreck.

I think the line is near the top, and it may not be worded exaclty like
that, but you will see it just fine.

Old March 15th 05, 05:57 AM
pw

>In the Player.plr file, you will need to edit the line
>
>NoAIControl=0, change the '0' to a 1 and the AI will not kick you out
>of the car after a day ending wreck.
>
>I think the line is near the top, and it may not be worded exaclty like
>that, but you will see it just fine.

Down right silly. But thanks! I will give it a try.

Like I said, my car seemed fine. But maybe I accidentally (pun
intended :-) have damage turned off.

Old March 15th 05, 06:11 AM
pw

>In the Player.plr file, you will need to edit the line
>
>NoAIControl=0, change the '0' to a 1 and the AI will not kick you out
>of the car after a day ending wreck.
>
>I think the line is near the top, and it may not be worded exaclty like
>that, but you will see it just fine.

Found it under Driving Aids. Will give it a try in a few.

I also found under Game Options: Crash Recovery="1" // Artificially
keep cars on track or flip cars upright. I wonder what that does?

And, I found Driver Name="Matt Kenseth". Hmmm... I've been driving
Tony Stewart's car and haven't tried the 17 car yet!!

Old March 15th 05, 07:24 AM
pw

>In the Player.plr file, you will need to edit the line
>
>NoAIControl=0, change the '0' to a 1 and the AI will not kick you out
>of the car after a day ending wreck.
>
>I think the line is near the top, and it may not be worded exaclty like
>that, but you will see it just fine.

That was it! Now I have to review that file to see why nobody is
getting any damage! This "sim" is bizarre. I have never seen one
(racing or flying) that buries so much essential settings! I have
seen no reference to the .plr file in the "manual"!

I wish I could get NR2003 working again <s>

Thanks!

Old March 15th 05, 07:49 AM
Dave Henrie

pw > wrote in
:

> I also found under Game Options: Crash Recovery="1" // Artificially
> keep cars on track or flip cars upright. I wonder what that does?

If an AI driven car gets disabled, or runs out of fuel, it will stay at
it's last resting place. Normal behavior, with the setting of =0 means the
car will be wisked away to the garage as soon as it stops.
Also, if you find yourself upside down, the =1 setting will right your
car, This does not affect damage to your vehicle.

Generally, in the past, the ISI sims will only end a race if your car is
unfixable. In the past, that meant rear wing damage or wheel seperation.
From F1c on, you could at least repair a rear wing in the pits with a
longer than average pitstop. I don't have NSR so I can't explore why your
car is being parked with minimal damage. Check the final standings screen
to see if the official explanation is given(i.e. piston, accident etc)
dh
Old March 15th 05, 03:59 PM
Smokin_Bob

That manual is quite amusing It would make good toilet paper....

I think for the damage, there is a toggle box inside the sim
itself--and make sure to set the difficulty (under advanced difficulty
tab) to your liking. I am pretty sure there is a setting for damage in
the game, so be careful editing the *.plr file too much here.

Also, in order to avoid the yellow flag/leader bug (if you are in the
lead, and the yellow comes out, you get a black flag when it
restarts!!) make sure to enable AI Pace Lap under the advanced settings
tab as well. It is a crappy workaround, but it does work.

Old March 16th 05, 04:16 AM
pw

:

>> I also found under Game Options: Crash Recovery="1" // Artificially
>> keep cars on track or flip cars upright. I wonder what that does?
>>

> If an AI driven car gets disabled, or runs out of fuel, it will stay at
>it's last resting place. Normal behavior, with the setting of =0 means the
>car will be wisked away to the garage as soon as it stops.
> Also, if you find yourself upside down, the =1 setting will right your
>car, This does not affect damage to your vehicle.
>
> Generally, in the past, the ISI sims will only end a race if your car is
>unfixable. In the past, that meant rear wing damage or wheel seperation.
>From F1c on, you could at least repair a rear wing in the pits with a
>longer than average pitstop. I don't have NSR so I can't explore why your
>car is being parked with minimal damage. Check the final standings screen
>to see if the official explanation is given(i.e. piston, accident etc)
>dh

Will do Dave. I don't know how a few people find out how this stuff
works in NSR as there is almost no documentation (at least compared to
the Papy series!).

Old March 16th 05, 04:19 AM
pw

>That manual is quite amusing It would make good toilet paper....
>
> I think for the damage, there is a toggle box inside the sim
>itself--and make sure to set the difficulty (under advanced difficulty
>tab) to your liking.

I will keep looking.

> I am pretty sure there is a setting for damage in
>the game, so be careful editing the *.plr file too much here.

Was afraid of doing so. I will back it up.

>Also, in order to avoid the yellow flag/leader bug (if you are in the
>lead, and the yellow comes out, you get a black flag when it
>restarts!!) make sure to enable AI Pace Lap under the advanced settings
>tab as well. It is a crappy workaround, but it does work.

No way! And I've never run any sim of any kind where babied to the
point that you can't always control your vehicle, whatever...! Papy
didn't do this (from what I can recall).

Thanks again Bob!