custom luggage for Vettes?

Old August 25th 04, 06:03 AM
Fred

Default custom luggage for Vettes?

Just wondering if anyone makes custom luggage bags for Corvettes. After
looking at `04 Vettes recently for the first time (coupes and verts), seems
that cargo space is tight. For coupes, you need to be able to store the
roof top (which might be wet or dirty) in the cargo area, placing it on top
of or underneath your luggage. For verts, you need to fold the roof (which
might be wet or dirty) down into the cargo area right next to your luggage.
In both scenarios, it seems it would be helpful to have some custom luggage
bags designed to fit perfectly in the Vette cargo areas, maximizing carrying
capacity and keeping items safe and clean from the wet and/or dirty coupe
roof top or vert top, etc. If anyone does offer such custom luggage bags,
can someone please direct me to a link with more info, etc. Thanks.

Old August 25th 04, 01:48 PM
Dad

"Fred" > wrote in message
> Just wondering if anyone makes custom luggage bags for Corvettes. After
> looking at `04 Vettes recently for the first time (coupes and verts),
> seems
> that cargo space is tight. For coupes, you need to be able to store the
> roof top (which might be wet or dirty) in the cargo area, placing it on
> top
> of or underneath your luggage. For verts, you need to fold the roof
> (which
> might be wet or dirty) down into the cargo area right next to your
> luggage.
> In both scenarios, it seems it would be helpful to have some custom
> luggage
> bags designed to fit perfectly in the Vette cargo areas, maximizing
> carrying
> capacity and keeping items safe and clean from the wet and/or dirty coupe
> roof top or vert top, etc. If anyone does offer such custom luggage bags,
> can someone please direct me to a link with more info, etc. Thanks.

Luggage space is not the problem, weight is. You realize that the weight
capacity of the C5 is 400 pounds? So you can get 2 passengers and a box of
Kleenex in it for travel. On the reality side I took the GF and enough
luggage to dress the Swiss army on a 6,000 mile cruise to the Pacific and
the Atlantic coasts this year without any real problems. Actual we had room
to spare. It rained so hard all the way through Oregon we didn't open the
windows let alone take off the top, plus I don't take it off and drive 80
MPH anyhow. Except for her 4 drawer dresser we used soft side luggage. What
did she buy during the trip? Clothes. ;-]

--
Dad
04 C5 CE Z51

Old August 25th 04, 01:48 PM
Dad

Old August 26th 04, 12:40 AM
Bob I

Two weeks luggage for two easily fits in the trunk of a C5 vert with the
top down.(3700+ miles and the top was up for about 200) A couple of the
expanding wheeled extending handle suitcases from Samsonite and a couple
shoulder bags and a 12pack cooler. Also note that you DON'T put a vert
top down dirty and wet, and the coupe top should be wiped down before
you put it in the back.

Old August 26th 04, 12:40 AM
Bob I

Old August 26th 04, 04:38 AM
Diode

Bob I spoke thusly...
> Two weeks luggage for two easily fits in the trunk of a C5 vert with the

Hey Fred, did you notice that only the 2 old farts replied about the
luggage? That's what hanging around with women for 40 or 50 years will
do to a man. :0)

--
-|>|- Diode -|<|-
'68 L-79 Coupe
Old August 26th 04, 04:38 AM
Diode

Bob I spoke thusly...

Old August 26th 04, 04:54 AM
Diode

Bob I spoke thusly...
> Two weeks luggage for two easily fits in the trunk of a C5 vert with the

Hey Fred, did you notice that it was only the 2 old farts that answered?
That's what being around women for 40 or 50 years will do to a man. )

Old August 26th 04, 04:54 AM
Diode

Bob I spoke thusly...

Old August 26th 04, 06:54 AM
firewolf65

I spent 6 weeks driving from east coast to west coast and back in a '03 Z06.
GF and I had the car packed, and no propblem with space. Used soft side
Samsonite. I was even able to cruise at 120+ through the desert with no
noticable change in handling.