OT I'm not sayin'...... (warning: political content)

Old October 22nd 04, 01:57 PM
John Connolly

BTW, you forgot to include Daddy's White Hood in the beginning of your
story. Without this necessary item the story makes no sense.

John

Old October 22nd 04, 02:42 PM
Mike Rocket J. Squirrel Elliott

Jan wrote:

> John Connolly wrote:
>
>> I must remind our International participants that not all Americans
>> belive this rubbish.
>>
>> John

> Some of "us" know
>
> But sadly, "our" views are formed largely by what we see on tv.

[snip]

> "we" don't have a clue on what the average american thinks, or how he
> lives, or works.

[snip]

> So we get to see all the crazy and stupid stuff. LOL. Like your
> President... <ducks>

Or the results of a Presidential election. If this incumbent gets
re-elected it
will just confirm the belief that Americans are a bunch of easily-duped
nitwits. It's like he's driving our collective car straight toward a
concrete wall at high speed and we're in the back seat are letting him do
it because he hasn't blinked even once. Determination is no replacement
for thought.

--
Mike "Rocket J Squirrel" Elliott
71 Type 2: the Wonderbus
Old October 22nd 04, 02:46 PM
Dennis Wik

In many states you can vote early at public librarys and court houses.
If you are over 18, get it out of your system and go vote now! I
did.... I will defend your right to vote no matter how stupid it
is.....Just vote, and then get back to VW stuff that we can argue about.
Hire and Fire who you will.

href="http://albums.photo.epson.com/j/AlbumIndex?u=4025706&a=30209382&vt=vp">Den's
1977 Puma</a>

Old October 22nd 04, 03:40 PM
Tim Rogers

et> wrote in message

> Determination is no replacement for thought.

..................And the lack of determination emboldens your enemies. One
of the stupidest things I ever did was voting for Jimmie Carter back in '76.
Since then, if there's any hint of a lack of determination & conviction in
any candidate......to hell with them. No matter what direction this country
goes in, having a Neville Chamberlain style weakling in the White House is
not the way to get there.

Old October 22nd 04, 06:32 PM
vwluvrs

So, everyone of you,,,

with all your complaints, remarks and commentary...
Its as simple as this..

If you don't like it the way it is, or may be, *VOTE*..

If you don't vote, you have *NOTHING* to complain about.

btw, the ability to vote is *NOT* a constitutional right....
Check it out, you don't HAVE to be allowed to vote....

something to think about
Old October 22nd 04, 06:45 PM

Tim Rogers wrote:
> "Mike Rocket J. Squirrel Elliott"
> et> wrote in message
>
>>Determination is no replacement for thought.

> .................And the lack of determination emboldens your enemies.

Well, it needn't be black and white. I reckon there is a sweet spot
between thoughtless determination, and thoughtful lack of determination.

I like thoughtful determination.

Old October 22nd 04, 07:17 PM
John Willis

On Fri, 22 Oct 2004 08:52:10 +0200, Jan >
scribbled this interesting note:

>> > HEY! What'cha got against hillbillies?? What'd we ever do to you?!

>> That stupid "The Beverly Hillbillies"! - that's what!

>Roadkill Stew, anyone?
>

>Jan

How aged is it???

--
John Willis
(Remove the Primes before e-mailing me)
Old October 22nd 04, 07:26 PM
John Willis

On Thu, 21 Oct 2004 21:37:15 -0600, "John Connolly"
> scribbled this interesting note:

> Who says democracy is better then communism? That's a
>matter of opinion! China is doing just fine without democracy, the USA will
>find that out soon enough.

Well, not exactly, although I do take your point.

From an objective point of view, as defined by Marx himself, there is
no such thing as a Communistic government (any large one, anyway)
anywhere on Earth, since the first thing Marx says must be done after
any overthrow of a corrupt government is to establish a democratic
system.

Communism is more of an economic model than a political one. Too bad
most people fail to understand this. The Chinese understand it since
they are currently trying to have it all...a dictatorial government
with no free elections along with a hybrid market/centrally controlled
economy. So even the Chinese understand that it is impossible for a
centrally controlled government to take into account all the variables
a large economy has and make everything work out like it should.

The only real way to manage a large, global economy is a slightly
regulated free market system as no one can do it all and some are more
efficient than others at some things. Although the playing field
should be level for all players...and that will take a while.

Old October 22nd 04, 09:07 PM
P.J.Berg

John Connolly wrote:
> I must remind our International participants that not all Americans
> belive this rubbish.
>
> John

Thanks John.

Ps. Are you still interested in a early T1? There is a 43/46 for sale in
Sweden, built by the britts in 46, 43 KDF body(Body # 6**) many 43-46 parts,
litterature etc. Not complete, they want 140.000,- SEK
It's listed in a November issue of a Swedish mag, also a cheap -52 for
sale..

J.