Trouble shifting after clutch replacement

Old October 19th 04, 06:48 AM
news.telus.net

Default Trouble shifting after clutch replacement

Hi, I had the clutch replaced ('86 5000 TQ), all the gears except 1 and
2 go in easy, gears 1 and 2 I have to push the stick as far to the side
(left of course) as possible and then it will shift. Is this normal
because the clutch is new or should I go back to the mechanic?

TIA!

cp
Old October 19th 04, 02:53 PM
Steve Sears

cp,
When they took the tranny out to service the clutch, they disturbed the
shift linkage on the top of the transmission - it's a ball and socket
arrangement and (apparently) it's a royal pain to get at with the
transmission in the car. Check the Audifans archives for postings on fixing
the linkage - or take it back to the shop and have them do it - did you have
the rear crankshaft seal replaced when the clutch was done?
Cheers!
Steve Sears
1987 Audi 5kTQ
1980 Audi 5k
1962 and '64 Auto Union DKW Junior deLuxes
(SPAM Blocker NOTE: Remove SHOES to reply)

Old October 20th 04, 03:52 AM
news.telus.net

Hi Steve, thank you for your reply. I'm definitely returning the car to
the mechanic! The seal? Another thing to check, thanks again!
chris