Gran Turismo HD for PS3 vid

Old May 13th 07, 10:59 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Tony Rickard

Default Gran Turismo HD for PS3 vid

I posted a short compilation of clips from my GT:HD replays. This is
with a G25 which works perfectly on the PS3 and GT:HD. As a PC racer for
many many years I really am enjoying this title and looking forward to
more content.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IzUvOwnInng

Cheers
Tony
Old May 14th 07, 09:35 AM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Rod[_2_]

On Sun, 13 May 2007 21:59:54 GMT, Tony Rickard
> wrote:

>I posted a short compilation of clips from my GT:HD replays. This is
>with a G25 which works perfectly on the PS3 and GT:HD. As a PC racer for
>many many years I really am enjoying this title and looking forward to
>more content.
>
>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IzUvOwnInng

Does it support a cockpit view?

I never got GT4 but played GT3 from bonnet view, and while it
conveyed a reasonable sense of what the car was doing, it wasn't
quite the same as a cockpit view.

If it does support cockpit view, I'd go out and get a PS3 now!

Cheers,
Rod.
Old May 14th 07, 07:04 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Tony Rickard

Rod wrote:

>> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IzUvOwnInng

> Does it support a cockpit view?
>
> I never got GT4 but played GT3 from bonnet view, and while it
> conveyed a reasonable sense of what the car was doing, it wasn't
> quite the same as a cockpit view.
>
> If it does support cockpit view, I'd go out and get a PS3 now!

The demo doesn't although the full version promises to:

http://img.gkblogger.com/blog/imgdb/.../041/137_3.JPG
Old May 15th 07, 03:23 AM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Dave[_3_]

In article > , Tony Rickard > wrote:

>> If it does support cockpit view, I'd go out and get a PS3 now!

>The demo doesn't although the full version promises to:
>
>http://img.gkblogger.com/blog/imgdb/.../041/137_3.JPG

Great news and about time! Still, while I bought a PS for GT, and a
PS2 for GT3, I'm not ready to get a PS3 just for GT HD (or an
XBOX360 for Forza2). I'll sit on the sidelines for another year and
wait for:
1) other must-have games
2) lower prices
3) a winner in the HDef DVD wars (or at least a lot more selection
at reasonable prices).

Sorry, getting OT there.
Old May 16th 07, 10:41 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Rod[_2_]

On Mon, 14 May 2007 18:04:15 GMT, Tony Rickard
> wrote:

>Rod wrote:
>
>>> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IzUvOwnInng

>> Does it support a cockpit view?
>>
>> I never got GT4 but played GT3 from bonnet view, and while it
>> conveyed a reasonable sense of what the car was doing, it wasn't
>> quite the same as a cockpit view.
>>
>> If it does support cockpit view, I'd go out and get a PS3 now!

>The demo doesn't although the full version promises to:
>
>http://img.gkblogger.com/blog/imgdb/.../041/137_3.JPG

Excellent. Two things that annoy me most about Forza 2. No
cockpit view and no G25 support (though that's not Forza's
fault)

Cheers,
Rod.