service contract

Old July 30th 04, 05:11 PM
Robb Gordon

Default service contract

My Audi Assured warranty is going to expire soon. I am thinking about buying
a third party warranty. Has anybody here had experience with this, good or
bad?

Old August 2nd 04, 10:50 AM
liam

My A6 is due to run out on 10 August and I too have been looking at extended
warranty.
I was hoping Audi UK may have done one but I can't find any info anywhere
and I am reluctant to go with 3rd Party Warranties as the always seem to
worm there way out of paying for repairs.
I might just risk it and not bother with a warranty as I only just had a new
Multitronic Gearbox fitted a month ago and the next major thing would be the
engine. The money I would pay in warranty I will put in a slush fund account
to pay for repairs.

Just my opinion

news

Old August 2nd 04, 01:08 PM

On Mon, 2 Aug 2004 09:50:47 +0000 (UTC), "liam" >
wrote:

>I might just risk it and not bother with a warranty as I only just had a new
>Multitronic Gearbox fitted a month ago and the next major thing would be the
>engine. The money I would pay in warranty I will put in a slush fund account
>to pay for repairs.

A good idea if your experience so far with the car has not revealed a
lemon. This has been my approach, and it's been ok so far.
Old August 5th 04, 02:52 PM
liam

Funily enough I have just had a leaflet delivered regarding Audi Approved
Guarantee (UK) which stated that cover starts from £472.00 per annum and
seems to cover all except wear and tear items and also RAC Roadside
assistance.
I rang them to get more details and asked her for a quote on my 2001 A6 1.8T
Saloon with 27,000 miles and the price was £743.00....

don't think I will be going down that route.

Liam
> wrote in message
> On Mon, 2 Aug 2004 09:50:47 +0000 (UTC), "liam" >
> wrote:
>
>>I might just risk it and not bother with a warranty as I only just had a
>>new
>>Multitronic Gearbox fitted a month ago and the next major thing would be
>>the
>>engine. The money I would pay in warranty I will put in a slush fund
>>account
>>to pay for repairs.

> A good idea if your experience so far with the car has not revealed a
> lemon. This has been my approach, and it's been ok so far.

156 48000 mile service Halmyre Alfa Romeo 2 January 5th 05 09:29 AM
Service David A Smith Alfa Romeo 4 October 19th 04 03:36 PM
Alfa Romeo Mechanic / Service? Brian Madden Alfa Romeo 1 August 30th 04 11:38 PM
Variable (50K) service on old A3 - UK price? Alex Audi 1 July 8th 04 06:50 PM
Alfa Service Lenny Alfa Romeo 3 July 7th 04 11:34 PM