sputters

Old July 15th 05, 03:27 PM
jcjm_walt

Default sputters

I have a 98 Mazda 2400 PU and recently have the spark cables replaced and
ran fine.At the same time,I had it hooked up to a comp.and everything was
fine.My wife used the truck and almost stayed stuck.It kept stalling out.I
changed the fuel filter and it remains the same.I;m not a mechanic either
but can do minor repairs.Can you give me some direction?Go back to comp.
hookup?

Old July 15th 05, 11:02 PM
Chuck

Fuel Pump and or relay?
lkaboutautos.com...

Old July 17th 05, 05:25 PM
jcjm_walt

I checked around the fuel pump and does'nt seem to be leaking in that
area.Could the relay be in fuse box under the hood?Thanks for responding.

Old July 21st 05, 02:41 PM
Chuck

The relay is usually under the hood or in some japanese cars & trucks under
the dash.
Leaking fuel is not the issue. You really need some way to tell if the pump
is working. Also check any rubber sections of the fuel line(s) going to the
pump for splits.

The usual electrical path involves the ignition switch, possibly the ECU, a
fuse or two, a relay, and the fuel pump. Some have both a mechanical and
electrical fuel pump, mostl;y those made a few years ago.

lkaboutautos.com...