2003 Accord Radio Display Problem

Old June 1st 05, 11:27 PM
Al

Don't hold your breath, Honda service bulletin 04-027 is dated July 9,
2004 and supersedes one dated June 15, 2004. The subject is:
"Audio-HVAC Display Module is Dim or Dark". The problem was at least
significant enough a year ago for them to take notice and publish a
bulletin.

Old June 2nd 05, 05:35 PM
Beerman182

I just had mine go out at 65000, I have a 2003, I haven't called yet
but I will do that today.

Has anyone had this issue covered by Honda yet?

Old June 2nd 05, 09:56 PM
Mike

Two days since I opened up a "case" with Honda and no Honda caseworker
has called me yet. I was told to expect 24-48 hours for a call-back.
They must be busy handling all of the display problems being reported!

I'd like to know if anyone has had Honda cover this type of problem as
well, particularly if they were out of warranty.

Mike

Old June 2nd 05, 10:03 PM
Casey

Mike said

> Two days since I opened up a "case" with Honda and no Honda caseworker
> has called me yet. I was told to expect 24-48 hours for a call-back.
> They must be busy handling all of the display problems being reported!

Same here. I called on Tuesday and I haven't gotten my call from a
case worker either. I was told they would call within 48 hours.

> I'd like to know if anyone has had Honda cover this type of problem as
> well, particularly if they were out of warranty.

I've been searching forums and so far I haven't found anyone who was
out of warranty but able to get Honda to pay.

Casey
Old June 2nd 05, 10:09 PM
Mike

And so we wait.....

Wonder if there's any way to find out roughly what the fail rate is on
this (e.g. % of cars withe the problem that have been reported)

Old June 3rd 05, 06:58 PM
Mike

Well, after two days (I was told I would get a call back from Honda
Customer Support in 24-48 hours), I called back to find out the status
of my "case". I was told to expect a call later that day and she
apologized for the delay. That was fine. But no call came. So,
today, on the fourth day, I called to find out what was up with my
case. The receptionist/dispatcher was polite and checked on my case
number and said it had been assignd and she would try and connect me
wiht the case manager. A few minutes later she came back on said that
I will get a call on Monday - a week after the case was opened. I was
told the further delay was due to the Monday holiday.

So, we wait some more. My radio display is still dark. Not getting a
call back in a reasoanble amount of time doens't make me feel very
optimistic - you know, "never give out bad news on a Friday" type of
thing.... Maybe I need to think about getting an iPOD....

Mike

Old June 4th 05, 04:07 AM
Casey

Mike said
> Well, after two days (I was told I would get a call back from Honda
> Customer Support in 24-48 hours), I called back to find out the status
> of my "case". I was told to expect a call later that day and she
> apologized for the delay. That was fine. But no call came. So,
> today, on the fourth day, I called to find out what was up with my
> case. The receptionist/dispatcher was polite and checked on my case
> number and said it had been assignd and she would try and connect me
> wiht the case manager. A few minutes later she came back on said that
> I will get a call on Monday - a week after the case was opened. I was
> told the further delay was due to the Monday holiday.

I still haven't received my call - it's now overdue by at least a day.

At the moment, I'm really pessimistic about Honda covering this. Up
until now, I've been one of Honda's biggest cheerleaders. I've owned
Honda's since 1978. Being faced with paying $700-900 so I can see my
radio display really irks me - especially since it burned out in two
years.

> So, we wait some more. My radio display is still dark. Not getting a
> call back in a reasoanble amount of time doens't make me feel very
> optimistic - you know, "never give out bad news on a Friday" type of
> thing.... Maybe I need to think about getting an iPOD....

My display is still dark too. I tried a flashlight but it doesn't
really work all that well, especially while driving. I have gotten
better at controlling the A/C well enough to keep from roasting (I'm in
Florida).

Casey
Old June 4th 05, 02:30 PM
Sparky Spartacus

Al wrote:

> Don't hold your breath, Honda service bulletin 04-027 is dated July 9,
> 2004 and supersedes one dated June 15, 2004. The subject is:
> "Audio-HVAC Display Module is Dim or Dark". The problem was at least
> significant enough a year ago for them to take notice and publish a
> bulletin.

Could comeone post the text of this HSB, please? Not available thru
Alldata anymore.
Old June 4th 05, 06:34 PM
Mike

Update: I got a call from Honda's case worker late afternoon on Fri.
She told me to take it into the dealer for an official assessment of
the problem - I told her the display was dark....but the dealer needs
to tell her that. So, on Monday I take it to the dealer (who said it
would take only a few minutes to check out), and the dealer will call
Honda back and let them know...that the display is dark. Hopefully
I'll know more on Monday.

Old June 4th 05, 07:06 PM
Casey

Mike said
> Update: I got a call from Honda's case worker late afternoon on Fri.
> She told me to take it into the dealer for an official assessment of
> the problem - I told her the display was dark....but the dealer needs
> to tell her that. So, on Monday I take it to the dealer (who said it
> would take only a few minutes to check out), and the dealer will call
> Honda back and let them know...that the display is dark. Hopefully
> I'll know more on Monday.

My original call ended when the customer service rep told me to take it
to the dealer so they could tell me how much I would have to pay to
have it fixed.

I'm very curious to know what you find out on Monday!

Casey

2003 Accord Radio dead Fred Honda 2 July 6th 05 04:43 AM
2003 Mazda Protoge vs 1995 Honda Accord Wagon [email protected] General 2 May 19th 05 09:02 AM
XM satellite radio problem. Anyone see this? Richard Forester Honda 11 January 20th 05 04:38 PM
Blank radio display BillyforExplorers Ford Explorer 0 November 9th 04 05:57 PM
1991 Honda Accord Startup Problem Frank starr General 6 March 22nd 04 12:31 AM