MFFY See, MFFY Do

Old August 18th 06, 06:28 AM posted to rec.autos.driving
Old Wolf

Default MFFY See, MFFY Do

Scott en Aztlán wrote:

> Some of you may recall the incident I reported a few weeks ago where
> some geezer in a gigundo RV intentionally ran a red light, and leaned
> on his horn as he approached the intersection to let the other cars
> know he was coming. Well, the idea is apparently spreading. Today I
> saw a delivery truck (a medium-sized one, about as big as the 25'
> Ryder truck I rented the last time I moved). This guy was hauling ass
> - the posted limit was 55 MPH, and I'd say he was doing at least 10 -
> 15 MPH over that. As he approached the red light, he made absolutely
> no attempt to slow down - he simply leaned on his horn as he blasted
> through the intersection.

Suppose you have the green and this guy is going across in front
of you. How practical would it be to catch the guy in the rear
quarter? Chances are good that he'd go spinning and **** up
his car, but could you do it without serious damage to yourself?

Old August 18th 06, 04:51 PM posted to rec.autos.driving
Jim Yanik

"Old Wolf" > wrote in
oups.com:

> Scott en Aztlán wrote:
>
>> Some of you may recall the incident I reported a few weeks ago where
>> some geezer in a gigundo RV intentionally ran a red light, and leaned
>> on his horn as he approached the intersection to let the other cars
>> know he was coming. Well, the idea is apparently spreading. Today I
>> saw a delivery truck (a medium-sized one, about as big as the 25'
>> Ryder truck I rented the last time I moved). This guy was hauling ass
>> - the posted limit was 55 MPH, and I'd say he was doing at least 10 -
>> 15 MPH over that. As he approached the red light, he made absolutely
>> no attempt to slow down - he simply leaned on his horn as he blasted
>> through the intersection.

> Suppose you have the green and this guy is going across in front
> of you. How practical would it be to catch the guy in the rear
> quarter? Chances are good that he'd go spinning and **** up
> his car, but could you do it without serious damage to yourself?

What about if he spins into someone else,or crashes into a building,causing
injury or death to other innocent bystanders?
Personally,I'd feel horrible if that were the result of MY doing as you
suggest.(besides the legal consequences)

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik