94 Explorer power window repair

Old June 2nd 06, 01:54 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer

Default 94 Explorer power window repair

Sam,

I had a similar experience with my 94 Exploder driver's window last year.
After testing (metering) everything I could it turns out there is (I suspect
ONLY on the driver's window mechanism) a relay box or gizmo for the "one
touch" power down action. Sadly, it took a while for me to find that relay
even though it is in the middle of the driver's door-seems no one here knew
about it?? I removed the relay, disassembled and cleaned it--no issues
since.

good luck and best wishes!
dan

Daniel Leinart Freeman
College of Law
http://www.worldlinktv.org
http://www.democracynow.org
http://www.chomsky.info
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Union_Banking_Corporation
http://www.larouchepub.com/other/200...sh_hitler.html

Old June 9th 06, 12:50 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer

I just did mine last night. Drilled the little dimple in the door frame ( to
get access to the hidden screw) removed the 3 screws holding the motor to
the window frame. Took the motor apart and cleaned brushes. But the real
problem was a small set of contacts off to the side of the brushes. They had
a burnt spot in the place where the point make contact. Ran some 400 grit
sand paper between them put motor back together and it works great.
Prior to this my motor was sticking in the down position and sounded weak, I
could beat on it to get it working for a week or two. however it gave up
completely last week. I hope this helps others.