just a tranny?

Old May 27th 05, 04:35 AM
shaneh

Default just a tranny?

when changing a motor from a 1200 6v to a 1600 12v is it ok to mix a
200mm clutch and use the 1200 pressure plate.thats pretty much all im
wondering about.

Topic URL: http://www.autoforumz.com/VW-Aircool...ict121654.html
Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: http://www.autoforumz.com/eform.php?p=591667
Old May 27th 05, 07:33 AM
Jan

shaneh wrote:
> when changing a motor from a 1200 6v to a 1600 12v is it ok to mix a
> 200mm clutch and use the 1200 pressure plate.thats pretty much all im
> wondering about.

There are no 200mm 1200cc pressure plates? They are all 180mm as far as
I know. In that case, no it's not advisable and I don't think it would
even mate.

Jan
Old May 27th 05, 02:33 PM
Speedy Jim

shaneh wrote:
> when changing a motor from a 1200 6v to a 1600 12v is it ok to mix a
> 200mm clutch and use the 1200 pressure plate.thats pretty much all im
> wondering about.

There are other issues I don't think you're aware of.
See the 6V/12V conversion article on my web site.

--

Speedy Jim
http://www.nls.net/mp/volks/
Old June 6th 05, 07:35 PM
shaneh

"Jan" wrote:
> shaneh wrote:
> > when changing a motor from a 1200 6v to a 1600 12v is it ok

> to mix a
> > 200mm clutch and use the 1200 pressure plate.thats pretty

> much all im
> > wondering about.
> >

> There are no 200mm 1200cc pressure plates? They are all 180mm
> as far as
> I know. In that case, no it's not advisable and I don't think
> it would
> even mate.
>
> Jan

im putting a 1600 cc on to my 1200 tranny.ive been told that i need to
use the old pressure plate(1200) because the difference in style of
throw out bearing on the 1600 cc.what clutch disk should i use.ive
never done something like this and was curious if i should or could
use the later style clutch disk with the earlier style pressure
plate.btw,ive never even changed a clutch before either.but i really
want to learn my bug inside and out so please fogive me if i ask
something that may seem silly

Topic URL: http://www.autoforumz.com/VW-Aircool...ict121654.html
Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: http://www.autoforumz.com/eform.php?p=593919
Old June 6th 05, 07:44 PM
Speedy Jim

shaneh wrote:

> "Jan" wrote:
> > shaneh wrote:
> > > when changing a motor from a 1200 6v to a 1600 12v is it ok

> > to mix a
> > > 200mm clutch and use the 1200 pressure plate.thats pretty

> > much all im
> > > wondering about.
> > >

> > There are no 200mm 1200cc pressure plates? They are all 180mm
> > as far as
> > I know. In that case, no it's not advisable and I don't think
> > it would
> > even mate.
> >
> > Jan

> im putting a 1600 cc on to my 1200 tranny.ive been told that i need to
> use the old pressure plate(1200) because the difference in style of
> throw out bearing on the 1600 cc.what clutch disk should i use.ive
> never done something like this and was curious if i should or could
> use the later style clutch disk with the earlier style pressure
> plate.btw,ive never even changed a clutch before either.but i really
> want to learn my bug inside and out so please fogive me if i ask
> something that may seem silly

Please read the 6V/12V conversion article on my web site.
There are a lot of issues you need to know about first.
The article has pictures as well.

--

Speedy Jim
http://www.nls.net/mp/volks/