Misfiring Town and County 3.8L

Old June 21st 06, 06:50 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler

Default Misfiring Town and County 3.8L

On 21 Jun 2006 09:59:12 -0700, "MASSMINI" > wrote:

>MASSMINI wrote:
>> I have a '03 Town and Country 3.8 liter w/ 50K miles which just started
>> misfiring. It runs rough, exhaust sputters and smells, and power is
>> low. But it doesn't stall. Check engine light is on and I've read
>> codes of P0300 (random misfires) and P1684 ("Driver 5 Line 4" - no idea
>> what this means). My dealer read the same codes, had no idea about
>> P1684, and wanted to start by replacing plugs and wires. I'm about to
>> do that myself.
>>
>> Has anyone had this symptom?

>Finally got resolution to my 3.8L misfire problem (codes P0300, P0306).
>Turned out not to be plugs/wires, or EGR valve, or vacume leak, or
>intake leak. It was a broken valve spring (cyl #6). Thankfully it was
>covered by the powertrain warranty.

so, no reflash required, contrary to the claims of philthy. deary me,
nexy you'll be suggesting h might have been completely and utterly
wrong.
Old June 22nd 06, 04:16 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler

imagine that a misfire code covered under warranty wow max who would of
thunk it

Old June 22nd 06, 07:33 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler

"philthy" > wrote in message
> imagine that a misfire code covered under warranty wow max who would of
> thunk it
>

> MASSMINI wrote:
>
> > MASSMINI wrote:
> > > I have a '03 Town and Country 3.8 liter w/ 50K miles which just

started
> > > misfiring. It runs rough, exhaust sputters and smells, and power is
> > > low. But it doesn't stall. Check engine light is on and I've read
> > > codes of P0300 (random misfires) and P1684 ("Driver 5 Line 4" - no

idea
> > > what this means). My dealer read the same codes, had no idea about
> > > P1684, and wanted to start by replacing plugs and wires. I'm about to
> > > do that myself.
> > >
> > > Has anyone had this symptom?

> > Finally got resolution to my 3.8L misfire problem (codes P0300, P0306).
> > Turned out not to be plugs/wires, or EGR valve, or vacume leak, or
> > intake leak. It was a broken valve spring (cyl #6). Thankfully it was
> > covered by the powertrain warranty.

I don't really like calling people stupid but im sorry, you fit this
category. First of all Dirty, it wasn't fixed under an emission warranty.It
was fixed under the power train warranty of the vehicle. Do you not read
what the OP said?

Thunk? "A dull hollow sound; "the basketball made a thunk as it hit the
rim".

Glenn Beasley
Chrysler Tech

Old June 22nd 06, 07:36 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler

Old June 24th 06, 06:16 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler

thunk is also the sound of a smart thought hitting u upside the head sort of
like sperm trying to wiggle it's way into the egg problem is it can make it
thru your thick skull

Old June 26th 06, 04:55 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler

I have a 2004 Jeep cherokee with the 6 cyl. that has been in the shop 7
times for this very same problem. they replaced the spark plug many
times only to fail within 2-3 days. they then replaced the injection as
it overheats being too close to the manifold. Still causing the same
problem. Now I find out that I have a cracked Head causing cyl 3 & 5 to
have low compression and I only have 27,000 miles on my jeep. There are
service bulletins for these problems.

I have a lawsuit pending with Chrysler under the California Lemon Law.

Bruce

Old June 28th 06, 12:08 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler

can blame the carmaker for bad mechanics and misdiagnosing but trhat what u
get at a dealer sue the dealer