Unknown transmission leak

Old July 28th 09, 04:52 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
afx

Default Unknown transmission leak

When my hood damn near blew off last month I parked it to fix it and
noticed a good sized transmission leak underneath the car. I couldn't
find where it originated from and still haven't. I finally got the car
put back together today and drove it for a little to see if it would
leak again and I could find the source but it hasn't leaked since.

My quesiton is. When the hood popped up it seemed to have jerked the
radiator a little like the crossmember that holds int in place was
pulled up whith the hood ever so slightly enough to let it free for a
second. Could the oil and trans lines have let some fluid out somehow?
I sat under the car for an hour today and just cant find anywhere the
leak could have come from besides the transmission fluid plate.

Any help is appreciated. I checked the fluid levels and they are still
spot on. I replaced the trans fluid about a year ago.

TJ Transmission Leak 97tjMike Jeep 6 July 18th 07 09:13 PM
Unknown fluid leak! jerryg Jeep 14 January 7th 07 01:08 AM
transmission leak 93 YJ jaco Jeep 2 June 19th 05 02:53 AM
Transmission Leak 96T&C 99trooper Chrysler 3 June 10th 05 05:52 PM
transmission leak charles irby Dodge 0 January 7th 05 01:38 PM