frame damage

Old October 31st 04, 12:57 AM
john

Default frame damage

My 87 accord rides on coilovers and is lowered about 1 and a half
inches. I hit a SUV. My car hit the rear of the SUV. It went in under
the bumper of the SUV. The radiator and front frame section including
the frame housing for the headlamps (3rd generation had hidden
headlamps) was pushed back. I'm looking for opinions on the work
required to fix. Any one have an idea on fixing it? Would it be possible
to have it pulled back into correct shape. How does unibody damage get
fixed? Thanks for any ideas.
Old October 31st 04, 07:05 AM
burt squareman

"john" > wrote in message th.net...

> My 87 accord rides on coilovers and is lowered about 1 and a half
> inches. I hit a SUV. My car hit the rear of the SUV. It went in under
> the bumper of the SUV. The radiator and front frame section including
> the frame housing for the headlamps (3rd generation had hidden
> headlamps) was pushed back. I'm looking for opinions on the work
> required to fix. Any one have an idea on fixing it? Would it be possible
> to have it pulled back into correct shape. How does unibody damage get
> fixed? Thanks for any ideas.

I worked on several minor damages like this and all I need was a
jack and a hammer. The Japanese made efficient use of steel. Try
hammering those thick steel frames on Fords, Chryslers or BMWs.