"Cash for clunkers" -- charitable donations of cars plummet

Old August 23rd 09, 03:18 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
Bill Putney

Default "Cash for clunkers" -- charitable donations of cars plummet

News wrote:

> Bill Putney wrote:
>
>> I think ... these rules are no longer working in a communicating and
>> thinking society. The lies are too easy to spot.

> Indeed, yours, for example.
>
> And those outrageous lies and misrepresentations of your wingnut
> whackjob "birther" "open carry" faux KoolAid drinking cretinous creatures.

Watch and compare these two videos (along with MSNBC's Contessa Brewer's
race-bait comments in the first video):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UYKQJ4-N7LI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEASA...ye r_embedded

Ain't it peculiar how MSNBC cropped and edited the video to obscure the
fact that the one man carrying the guns was black - just so Ms. Brewer
could talk about whites carrying guns in her race-bait comments?

Like I said - the lies are too easy to spot these days. Thanks for your
assistance in pointing this out.

--
Bill Putney
address with the letter 'x')
Old August 23rd 09, 03:21 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
News

Bill Putney wrote:
> News wrote:
>
>> Why do you and your wingnut whackjob "birther" "open carry"...

> How funny you mentioned

Thanks for lying again. Proves my point

How long did it take you to find the one report you cited?

The vast majority of reporting -- even sources to which you will
undoubtedly vigorously object on principle -- shows both white and black
individuals.

Like this:

<http://tpmmuckraker.talkingpointsmemo.com/2009/08/report_az_assault_rifle-wielding_man_and_nh_gun_to.php?ref=fpa>

Arch-miscreants and mendacious wingnuts love The Big Lie.

The Bigger The Better. It's the Karl Rove MO. Keep it up, keep lying.

Old August 23rd 09, 03:39 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
Bill Putney

News wrote:

> Bill Putney wrote:
>> News wrote:
>>
>>> Why do you and your wingnut whackjob "birther" "open carry"...

>> How funny you mentioned

> Thanks for lying again. Proves my point

Nah - no lying on my part. Was there. (which is why you don't mention
anything specific that I said)

> How long did it take you to find the one report you cited?

What if I said 5 seconds? What if I said 3 hours? What does that have
to do with the price of beans in China. Fact is it happened.

MSNBC COOKED (EDITED AND CROPPED) THE VIDEO TO FIT THE NARRATIVE THEY
WANTED TO TELL, AND DAMN THE FACTS (just like with the Duke (non)rape case).

> The vast majority of reporting -- even sources to which you will
> undoubtedly vigorously object on principle -- shows both white and black
> individuals.

You don't link any - because there are none.

> Like this:
>
> <http://tpmmuckraker.talkingpointsmemo.com/2009/08/report_az_assault_rifle-wielding_man_and_nh_gun_to.php?ref=fpa>

You must have linked the wrong url. No video showing multiple white
people milling around at an Obama gathering like was falsely reported.

My work is done here.

People are smart enough to figure it out on their own once they're shown
a few basics. The MSNBC video is just one example.

Thanks again for the opportunity.

--
Bill Putney
address with the letter 'x')
Old August 23rd 09, 03:56 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
News

Bill Putney wrote:

> My work is done here.

Your work is done when you stop lying, and when you insist your fellow
arch-wingnuts stop their organized lying.

Your claim was median focus on a black man carrying a weapon and I've
shown you reporting of balance. You're a fraud.
Old August 24th 09, 04:12 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
Joe Pfeiffer

Spam away > writes:

> In article >,
> Bill Putney > wrote:
>
>> Is not the subject of this newsgroup "cars", and specifically Chrysler
>> cars?

> Definitely YES!
>>You can't separate politics from the many subjects of life,
>> whether it's bailouts or cash for clunkers (both have to do with
>> politics, both have to do with cars, including Chrysler cars).

> Of course you can, just stick the car subject.
> I have no trouble doing that.
> Politics and religion are very driven by emotion, here we talk about
> (car) facts.

While true as stated, intelligent decisions in both politics and
religion are also driven by facts. In this NG, car-related politics are
just as relevant as the choice of spark plugs.

> I'll not comment on the political dribble in the rest of your post.

My, what a totally vacuous remark.
Old August 30th 09, 10:01 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
Mark F[_2_]

Daniel Who Wants to Know wrote:
> "KirkM" > wrote in message news:bd9631f1-0d3e-4a0c-a21e-
>> I am really getting tired of flyers being left on my 1993 Voyager,
>> telling me that "this vehicle qualifies for the "cash for clunkers
>> program."" First of all, it is not a "clunker," and I plan on keeping
>> it for many more years, thank you.
>>
>> Even with the incentives, insurance costs are higher on a new vehicle,
>> as are registration fees. Our state has quadrupled the fees over the
>> past several years.
>>
>> -KM

> I am lucky enough to not have been hassled about it myself but I feel the
> same way as you about my van. The part that makes the C.A.R.S. program
> deplorable to me is what the dealers have to do to them (sodium silicate) to
> get reimbursed.
>
> '95 Grand Caravan SE 3.3L FWD
> 233,230 miles.
> 21.9 MPG over the last 10,000 miles per the mini trip computer with soon to
> be replaced bad lower ball joints (thus bad front end alignment and chewed
> up tires) and noisy rear wheel bearings

Um, I'd suggest sooner rather than later. I suspect your noisy wheel
bearings are really the CV joints that are about to shed their balls, if
they haven't already..... /mark
Old August 31st 09, 01:31 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
Daniel Who Wants to Know[_1_]

"Mark F" > wrote in message

> Um, I'd suggest sooner rather than later. I suspect your noisy wheel
> bearings are really the CV joints that are about to shed their balls, if
> they haven't already..... /mark

The CV joints are fine as i check them for torn boots and play on a regular
basis and the driver's side half shaft is new as of a few thousand miles
ago. It is definitely the rear wheel bearings growling some. I have the
new ball joints sitting waiting to be installed and the van is currently
parked until I get them changed and get some more tires as the right front
slowly went flat a few days ago.