CD stuck in Player --- 2000 / A4 / 1.8T

Old March 10th 06, 01:37 AM posted to alt.autos.audi

Default CD stuck in Player --- 2000 / A4 / 1.8T

A standard single-cd player. The cd will not eject when the button is hit.
But the cd *will* play ok, so it is not a fuse knocking out the radio.

I cannot seem to find a mechanical eject slot (like the little holes you
find on the faceplate of computer cd drives so you can insert a paperclip to
force it open).

Any ideas?-----Thanks!

PS. I've had an inordinate number of things go wrong with this car. I
started telling the dealership about it, and before I got past "I'm having a
lot of trouble with my a4" he asked "is it a 99 or 2000?" Anyone else
notice reliability problems these years? My sister in law has a 2002, and
is experiencing trouble as well. Please, no "go team" rah rah rah knee-jerk
defensiveness needed here.

--
Doesn't /anyone/ know where I can find a credit card company that emails me
the minute something is charged to my account?

Old March 16th 06, 07:38 PM posted to alt.autos.audi

Robert said something like:
> Thomas G. Marshall wrote:
>> A standard single-cd player. The cd will not eject when the button is
>> hit.
>> But the cd *will* play ok, so it is not a fuse knocking out the radio.
>>
>> I cannot seem to find a mechanical eject slot (like the little holes you
>> find on the faceplate of computer cd drives so you can insert a paperclip
>> force it open).
>>
>> Any ideas?-----Thanks!
>>
>> PS. I've had an inordinate number of things go wrong with this car. I
>> started telling the dealership about it, and before I got past "I'm
>> having a
>> lot of trouble with my a4" he asked "is it a 99 or 2000?" Anyone else
>> notice reliability problems these years? My sister in law has a 2002,
>> and
>> is experiencing trouble as well. Please, no "go team" rah rah rah
>> knee-jerk
>> defensiveness needed here.
>>

> If it's truly "standard" i.e. third-party such as Sony or Blaupunkt and
> not integrated with the rest of the car, then use the U-shaped brackets
> to get it out of the car and disassemble to remove CD. /Robert

It's the bottom of the line built-in thing, not a standard rectangle
enclosure, etc....

--
Framsticks. 3D Artificial Life evolution. You can see the creatures that
evolve and how they interact, hunt, swim, etc. (Unaffiliated with me).