resetting the service

Old November 18th 04, 11:27 PM
JJ

Default resetting the service

I have a 03 A4 with 5 speed. I just had my 20,000 servicing. I noticed they
didn't reprogram the service interval. The manual says to turn off ignition,
and then, while holding down the "wrench" button, turn ignition on....and
after you see the word "service" push the reset button and it will
recalibrate. Unfortunately, when I do that I just get....depress clutch to
start engine. Any ideas?

Old November 19th 04, 03:39 AM
Peter Smith

"JJ" > wrote...

<< Any ideas? >>

Hold down your clutch pedal when you're doing it. If that doesn't work, just
follow the procedures again (be sure the doors are closed), start the
engine, and see if the indicator was reset or not.

Peter Smith

Old November 19th 04, 08:13 AM
KWS

Similar instructions in the shop manual for my '00 resulted in similar
results. What did work was pushing both of the buttons (for clock set and
odometer) at the same time.

Ken

Old November 19th 04, 02:52 PM
JJ

HELP!!!! I've tried pushing the odometer and the "wrench"....the
"wrench".....the odometer and the clock!!!! Just keep getting the hold the
clutch pedal down....I pushed the pedal down while doing it....seems like
the procedure only works for automatics.

Old November 19th 04, 05:49 PM
Peter Smith

"JJ" > wrote...

<< HELP!!!! I've tried pushing the odometer and the "wrench"....the
"wrench".....the odometer and the clock!!!! Just keep getting the hold the
clutch pedal down....I pushed the pedal down while doing it....seems like
the procedure only works for automatics. >>

Not to come across as a dick, but you're doing it wrong then. I flipped the
indicator for my cousin's TT last night, as his shop forgot to reset it too.
Followed the procedure right out of the book, and he has a manual as well.

If you still can't get it to work, consider heading back to the shop and
have them reset it.

Peter Smith

Old November 19th 04, 05:52 PM
JJ

Hmmmm....I always thought I was reasonably intelligent...but now I'm a
"dick"? I even called the service department, and they were confused....as
have been a couple of people that posted to me. I guess we're all dicks.

Old November 19th 04, 11:06 PM
Antony R.

Peter was referring to himself as possibly becoming a "dick" by offering his
advice. Don't be a dork, JJ.

Old November 19th 04, 11:35 PM
Peter Smith

"JJ" > wrote...

<< Hmmmm....I always thought I was reasonably intelligent...but now I'm a
"dick"? >>

Naah. Not at all. Because USENET is purely a text-based, and my directness
has caused people to acuse me of being a dick. So to deal with that, I'll
stick my "Not to come across as a dick..." line at the start of some of my
lines.

<< I even called the service department, and they were confused >>

Sometimes happens. If you do end up going in to the shop, see if you can sit
in the car while the indicator gets reset.

Peter Smith

Main Dealer or Independent Service Richard Goulding Audi 10 November 15th 04 12:25 PM
Service David A Smith Alfa Romeo 4 October 19th 04 03:36 PM
Alfa Romeo Mechanic / Service? Brian Madden Alfa Romeo 1 August 30th 04 11:38 PM
Variable (50K) service on old A3 - UK price? Alex Audi 1 July 8th 04 06:50 PM
Alfa Service Lenny Alfa Romeo 3 July 7th 04 11:34 PM