EFI 1994 351W into '68 coupe

Old July 23rd 05, 10:24 PM
Thomas Cameron

Default EFI 1994 351W into '68 coupe

All -

Like I mentioned a while ago, I bought a complete 1994 SVT Lightning EFI
351W engine for my '68 coupe. It's going in in about a week, but my
mechanic says that he thinks I need to send the wiring harness off to be
modified to work in the '68 coupe. Since I am using the C4 transmission
for now, he says that the computer is going to be upset because I am not
using the AOD.

Does this sound right? Does anyone have any suggestions as far as getting
the computer for the Lightning to play nice using the C4 tranny?

In fact, does anyone have any suggestions or gotchas at all that I need to
know about? I already know I need to get a high pressure fuel pump and do
some fab work on the fuel lines. Anything else I need to know about for
now?

Thanks!
Thomas
Old July 23rd 05, 10:32 PM
David M

On Sat, 23 Jul 2005 21:24:51 +0000, Thomas Cameron rearranged some
electrons to form:

> Does this sound right? Does anyone have any suggestions as far as getting
> the computer for the Lightning to play nice using the C4 tranny?

You need to call these guys.

http://windsor-fox.com/

--
David M (dmacchiarolo)
http://home.triad.rr.com/redsled

Old July 23rd 05, 11:13 PM
Thomas Cameron

On Sat, 23 Jul 2005 21:32:32 +0000, David M wrote:

> On Sat, 23 Jul 2005 21:24:51 +0000, Thomas Cameron rearranged some
> electrons to form:
>
>> Does this sound right? Does anyone have any suggestions as far as getting
>> the computer for the Lightning to play nice using the C4 tranny?
>>

> You need to call these guys.
>
> http://windsor-fox.com/

E-mailing them now, thanks for the info!

Thomas
Old July 23rd 05, 11:16 PM
Thomas Cameron

On Sat, 23 Jul 2005 21:32:32 +0000, David M wrote:

> On Sat, 23 Jul 2005 21:24:51 +0000, Thomas Cameron rearranged some
> electrons to form:
>
>> Does this sound right? Does anyone have any suggestions as far as getting
>> the computer for the Lightning to play nice using the C4 tranny?
>>

> You need to call these guys.
>
> http://windsor-fox.com/

Heh - I just saw that you're using Pan as well. Howdy, fellow Penguinista!

Thomas Cameron
RHEL 4 U1 2.6.9-11.ELsmp
Old July 23rd 05, 11:23 PM
David M

On Sat, 23 Jul 2005 22:16:03 +0000, Thomas Cameron rearranged some
electrons to form:

> On Sat, 23 Jul 2005 21:32:32 +0000, David M wrote:
>
>> On Sat, 23 Jul 2005 21:24:51 +0000, Thomas Cameron rearranged some
>> electrons to form:
>>
>>> Does this sound right? Does anyone have any suggestions as far as getting
>>> the computer for the Lightning to play nice using the C4 tranny?
>>>

>> You need to call these guys.
>>
>> http://windsor-fox.com/

> Heh - I just saw that you're using Pan as well. Howdy, fellow Penguinista!
>
> Thomas Cameron
> RHEL 4 U1 2.6.9-11.ELsmp

Aha, using the non-free version of RH, eh? I downloaded RH8 when it
came out and I'm still using the same kernel... I should upgrade
it but I never have gotten around to it. I have updated and
recompiled a lot of the stuff on here over the past few years,
though, and added bits and pieces as I went along. Latest
addition was to scrap Netscape and the old Mozilla and load up
Firefox, I like it.

--
David M (dmacchiarolo)
http://home.triad.rr.com/redsled
T/S 53
sled351 Linux 2.4.18-14 has been up 33 days 12:33

Old July 24th 05, 04:06 AM
Thomas Cameron

On Sat, 23 Jul 2005 22:23:14 +0000, David M wrote:

> Aha, using the non-free version of RH, eh?

Yeah, it's in my interest to do so... I'm a Linux guy by profession, so I
have to keep up with the latest and greatest.

> I downloaded RH8 when it
> came out and I'm still using the same kernel... I should upgrade
> it but I never have gotten around to it.

HOLY CRAP - you're not directly attached to the Internet, are you? There
have been tons of updates and security fixes since RH8 came out!

> I have updated and
> recompiled a lot of the stuff on here over the past few years,
> though, and added bits and pieces as I went along. Latest
> addition was to scrap Netscape and the old Mozilla and load up
> Firefox, I like it.

Yeah, Firefox kicks butt.

Thomas
Old July 24th 05, 01:00 PM
David M

On Sun, 24 Jul 2005 03:06:16 +0000, Thomas Cameron rearranged some
electrons to form:

> On Sat, 23 Jul 2005 22:23:14 +0000, David M wrote:
>
>> Aha, using the non-free version of RH, eh?

> Yeah, it's in my interest to do so... I'm a Linux guy by profession, so I
> have to keep up with the latest and greatest.
>
>> I downloaded RH8 when it
>> came out and I'm still using the same kernel... I should upgrade
>> it but I never have gotten around to it.

> HOLY CRAP - you're not directly attached to the Internet, are you? There
> have been tons of updates and security fixes since RH8 came out!

No, my router protects me.

--
David M (dmacchiarolo)
http://home.triad.rr.com/redsled
T/S 53
sled351 Linux 2.4.18-14 has been up 34 days 2:14