325 convertible MPG

Old June 7th 05, 10:53 PM
StaffBull

Default 325 convertible MPG

does anyone know the average MPG for the 325 convertible 1996 model?

many thanks in advance,

Steve

Old June 7th 05, 11:10 PM
JimV

StaffBull wrote:
> does anyone know the average MPG for the 325 convertible 1996 model?
>
> many thanks in advance,
>
> Steve

26ish 70% highway
Old June 7th 05, 11:14 PM
StaffBull

Cheers Jim - that seems really good - I'm only getting 20 from my MR2
Turbo - and they seem good value for money at around £5k - £7k

Old June 7th 05, 11:48 PM
Spack

"StaffBull" > wrote in message
> Cheers Jim - that seems really good - I'm only getting 20 from my MR2
> Turbo - and they seem good value for money at around £5k - £7k
>

> "JimV" > wrote in message
>> StaffBull wrote:
>>> does anyone know the average MPG for the 325 convertible 1996 model?
>>>
>>> many thanks in advance,
>>>
>>> Steve

>> 26ish 70% highway

It's even better if you assume that the 26mpg is US mpg (due to the poster
having a US ComCast IP address) - that means more like 30 mpg imperial (here
in the UK)

I'm not sure that my own car is going to be a useful comparison, but my '93
320i saloon is doing around 25 mpg (UK) in city driving (which means 3 miles
to work and back on A roads in the outskirts of Birmingham with a bunch of
roundabouts and a lot of gear shifting, and max speed of 30 - 35 mph), and
around 35-40 mpg on the motorway at 70mph.

Dan

Old June 7th 05, 11:53 PM
StaffBull

Cheers Dan, its sounding better all the time - could be bye Turbo !!!

Old June 8th 05, 04:06 AM
+ Rob +

"Spack" > wrote in message

> "StaffBull" > wrote in message
> > Cheers Jim - that seems really good - I'm only getting 20 from my MR2
> > Turbo - and they seem good value for money at around £5k - £7k

> >> 26ish 70% highway

> It's even better if you assume that the 26mpg is US mpg (due to the poster
> having a US ComCast IP address) - that means more like 30 mpg imperial

(here
> in the UK)

Regarding roads, the US mile *is* the Imperial Mile, which in turn *is*
the International Mile. So the British and American values are the same.
This mile does, however, differ from the US Survey Mile, which is precisely
3 millimeters longer -- hardly a major difference.

Rob

Old June 8th 05, 06:59 AM
Peter Bozz

>>It's even better if you assume that the 26mpg is US mpg (due to the poster
>>having a US ComCast IP address) - that means more like 30 mpg imperial

> (here
>
>>in the UK)

> Regarding roads, the US mile *is* the Imperial Mile, which in turn *is*
> the International Mile. So the British and American values are the same.
> This mile does, however, differ from the US Survey Mile, which is precisely
> 3 millimeters longer -- hardly a major difference.
>
> Rob

I think the previous poster meant that the US *gallon* is smaller than
the UK (imperial) gallon. Consequently, on a single gallon you'd go
farther in the UK than in the US.
Old June 8th 05, 07:05 AM
Spack

"Peter Bozz" > wrote in message

>>>It's even better if you assume that the 26mpg is US mpg (due to the
>>>poster
>>>having a US ComCast IP address) - that means more like 30 mpg imperial

>> (here
>>
>>>in the UK)

>> Regarding roads, the US mile *is* the Imperial Mile, which in turn
>> *is*
>> the International Mile. So the British and American values are the same.
>> This mile does, however, differ from the US Survey Mile, which is
>> precisely
>> 3 millimeters longer -- hardly a major difference.
>>
>> Rob
>>

> I think the previous poster meant that the US *gallon* is smaller than the
> UK (imperial) gallon. Consequently, on a single gallon you'd go farther in
> the UK than in the US.

I didn't think I'd have to explain that 1 US gallon = 0.833 Imperial gallon.

Dan

Old June 8th 05, 11:59 PM
+ Rob +

"Peter Bozz" > wrote in message

> >>It's even better if you assume that the 26mpg is US mpg (due to the

poster
> >>having a US ComCast IP address) - that means more like 30 mpg imperial

> > (here
> >
> >>in the UK)

> > Regarding roads, the US mile *is* the Imperial Mile, which in turn

*is*
> > the International Mile. So the British and American values are the same.
> > This mile does, however, differ from the US Survey Mile, which is

precisely
> > 3 millimeters longer -- hardly a major difference.
> >
> > Rob
> >

> I think the previous poster meant that the US *gallon* is smaller than
> the UK (imperial) gallon. Consequently, on a single gallon you'd go
> farther in the UK than in the US.

You're absolutely right. I just had a major brain fart and failed to
recognize the obvious. Duh!

Old June 9th 05, 12:13 AM
Dean Dark

On Wed, 08 Jun 2005 22:59:36 GMT, "+ Rob +"
> wrote:

>> I think the previous poster meant that the US *gallon* is smaller than
>> the UK (imperial) gallon. Consequently, on a single gallon you'd go
>> farther in the UK than in the US.

>You're absolutely right. I just had a major brain fart and failed to
>recognize the obvious. Duh!

In that spirit, and just for grins, here's a puzzle.

A pig weighs 30lb plus half its weight. How much does the pig weigh?
--
Dan.