Forget the Sky, here comes SC3

Old February 24th 05, 04:20 AM
Brunello di Montalcino

Default Forget the Sky, here comes SC3

"Darius" > wrote in message ...
> Please don't flame for posting pics to non-binary group, it's only 30 K.
>
> I know, I know, shouldn't but did anyway
>
> So, what do you think about the SC3?

30k is fairly small. It is a drawing and not a photo but really
there is no reason many huge photo's I see in email and newsgroup
postings have to be as large as they often are. A little cropping,
down sizing the pic to at least be viewable without scrolling,
and easing up on the quality (no one will likely want to print a
photo quality hard copy for most of these) and 50-150k is all you
ever need depending on desired display size.

BTW, this aesthetically pleasing and presumably low priced
(I assume the 30k is binary size and not price) little car would
be hot as a convertible.

I've always thought the original SL series and variations through
the years were attractive for sedans. I would say the same
about the Alero (judging on looks only).

Old February 24th 05, 07:30 AM
Darius

You guys can't be serious?!
All I did is took a photo of a regular SC2, played around in Photoshop a bit,
like extended the wheel base, and the front overhang, shaved the door handles,
put 18" wheels on it and changed the colour plus few extra touches.
But I gotta say, if I fooled anybody into thinking this was some concept car,
then I went further with it than I thought. I don't normally have a lot of
spare time on my hands, (this only took 45 minutes), but if you want to see
this car in a convertible version, then by all means. Say so and it shall be
done.
I can work on any other requests you guys have (time permitting of course).
You should see what I did to an Ion Redline!

Old February 24th 05, 05:19 PM
Steph

[posted and mailed]

Darius > wrote in :

> You guys can't be serious?!
> All I did is took a photo of a regular SC2, played around in Photoshop
> a bit, like extended the wheel base, and the front overhang, shaved
> the door handles, put 18" wheels on it and changed the colour plus few
> extra touches. But I gotta say, if I fooled anybody into thinking this
> was some concept car, then I went further with it than I thought. I
> don't normally have a lot of spare time on my hands, (this only took
> 45 minutes), but if you want to see this car in a convertible version,
> then by all means. Say so and it shall be done.
> I can work on any other requests you guys have (time permitting of
> course). You should see what I did to an Ion Redline!

I thought it was somewhat dated to try and pass off as a new SC3, but
still it looks nice. I am not that good with Photoshop, never have been
:-((

How about taking a RAM 2500HD 4X4 with 17" wheels and grafting the body
of a Grand Caravan on it? Similar to the Pacifica but with a little
more "muscle" like the Magnum?

And of course imprint "Hemi" across the sides.
My vision of a mini- Full-size van that can actually do work -- like the
Safari/Astro's but "sportier".

Old February 27th 05, 02:46 AM
Brunello di Montalcino

"Steph" > wrote in message
.. .
> [posted and mailed]
>
> Darius > wrote in :
>
>> You guys can't be serious?!
>> All I did is took a photo of a regular SC2, played around in Photoshop
>> a bit, like extended the wheel base, and the front overhang, shaved
>> the door handles, put 18" wheels on it and changed the colour plus few
>> extra touches. But I gotta say, if I fooled anybody into thinking this
>> was some concept car, then I went further with it than I thought.

hehehe. Not bad. But its not like you got people
say "Wow, that looks so much better or so much
worse than the SC2..."