alfa 156 speakers

Old July 18th 06, 01:03 PM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo
[email protected]

Default alfa 156 speakers

Hi,
Do you know what kind of speakers are fitted in alfa 156 by default?
I need to know power and frequency range.

Thanks.

Old July 18th 06, 07:35 PM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo
Pete[_1_]

On 18 Jul 2006 05:03:32 -0700, "
>, wrote:

>Hi,
>Do you know what kind of speakers are fitted in alfa 156 by default?
>I need to know power and frequency range.
>
>Thanks.

Alpine, Sony, Bose ....
All have been the used.
Depends upon year and model.

Pete
--

156 2.0 TS (2001) - Proteo Rosso
Old July 21st 06, 12:28 AM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo
Martyn

Pete wrote:
> On 18 Jul 2006 05:03:32 -0700, "
> >, wrote:
>
> >Hi,
> >Do you know what kind of speakers are fitted in alfa 156 by default?
> >I need to know power and frequency range.
> >
> >Thanks.

> Alpine, Sony, Bose ....
> All have been the used.
> Depends upon year and model.
>
> Pete
> --
> >
> 156 2.0 TS (2001) - Proteo Rosso

Hi Pete.
Yes the standard speakers fitted to the 2001 156 are cardboard
crappers, very weak magnets, and rated at only 5 watts.
the four door mid/woofers are 165mm, so replacements are easy to
obtain, the front door tweeters are not much better, but all are easy
to swap for higher grade units.
Suggest that you buy "Component units" for the front which should
include a seperate cross over unit, this divides the low frequencies
from the highs, thus sending the correct frequency to the mid/woofers
and the tweeters.
For the rear doors or rear shelf "if you have a saloon" suggest that a
pair of "co axle" speakers are used, as these will have the tweeter and
cross over built in.
Do not bother with speakers that say "two way" go for coax for the
rears, unless like me you want to fit component in both front and rear.
Expect to pay anything from £70 a set for decent speakers, it will
change the sound completely....depending on your head unit/amp etc.
Hope this was helpfull....Martyn

Old July 21st 06, 08:35 AM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo
[email protected]

Thank you for your reply. It is very helpful.
Is there a crossover on the built in speakers? I assume that there is a
capacitor on the tweeter to filter high freq, but is there anything on
the big speaker?

Old July 21st 06, 06:52 PM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo
Pete[_1_]

On 20 Jul 2006 16:28:30 -0700, "Martyn" >,
wrote:

>Hi Pete.
>Yes the standard speakers fitted to the 2001 156 are cardboard
>crappers, very weak magnets, and rated at only 5 watts.

SNIP
>Hope this was helpfull....Martyn

Not to me it wasn't but the OP seems happy :-)

Pete
--

156 2.0 TS (2001) - Proteo Rosso