Aston Miata?

Old July 17th 06, 04:39 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Scott Streeter[_1_]

Default Aston Miata?

Not one for making Car A look like Car B but this is kinda cool.

http://www.leftlanenews.com/2006/07/...tin/#more-3397

--
Scott Streeter

http://www.wpi.edu/~ss/
Old July 17th 06, 07:31 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Scott Hughes

Did you look at the full size pics, or just the thumbnails? Looking just
at the small pics on the page you linked, it looks kinda cool. But when
you see the full size images, it's really rather hideous.

-Scott

Scott Streeter > wrote in
:

Old July 17th 06, 07:59 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Grant Edwards

On 2006-07-17, Scott Streeter > wrote:

> Not one for making Car A look like Car B but this is kinda cool.
>
> http://www.leftlanenews.com/2006/07/...tin/#more-3397

Maybe it's just me, but it looks like the neither the front nor
rear fenders fit -- sort of like they're glued on top of the
factory ones instead of replacing them.

The headlights aren't bad, though.

--
Grant Edwards grante Yow! My DIGITAL WATCH
at has an automatic SNOOZE
Old July 17th 06, 08:02 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Remove This

"Scott Hughes" > wrote in message

But when you see the full size images, it's really rather hideous.

Sort of like a M'bishi eclipse...

--
I work for the ILEC ...." stuff happens! "

Old July 19th 06, 02:07 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Fabiano

Scott Streeter wrote:
> Not one for making Car A look like Car B but this is kinda cool.
>
> http://www.leftlanenews.com/2006/07/...tin/#more-3397

Kinda of reminds me when they used to turn VW beetles into '40 Fords....
Old July 19th 06, 05:18 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Grant Edwards

On 2006-07-19, Fabiano > wrote:

> Kinda of reminds me when they used to turn VW beetles into '40
> Fords....

I _saw_ one of those on the street the other day. Or something
quite similar anyway...

--
Grant Edwards grante Yow! This is a NO-FRILLS
at flight -- hold th' CANADIAN
Old July 20th 06, 01:22 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Chris D'Agnolo

While I agree that from the straight on, side view, it's clear that the
proportions are askew, It's the most original miata transformation I've seen
in a long while! It looks to me like it could be amazing with some
adjustments (shortening the nose and the butt a bit).

Nice work!
Chris
99BBB

Old July 20th 06, 07:53 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Dana H. Myers

Chris D'Agnolo wrote:
> While I agree that from the straight on, side view, it's clear that the
> proportions are askew, It's the most original miata transformation I've seen
> in a long while! It looks to me like it could be amazing with some
> adjustments (shortening the nose and the butt a bit).

The too-long nose seems to a feature of Aston-Martin styling from
what I've seen. So maybe this Aston Miata is actually true to
the inspiration...
Old July 21st 06, 05:33 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
r0lliSl1fe

Okay, I actually like this design. Maybe the problem with the point of
view you all have is that A) You're looking at it as a mod for a Miata
(I know it is, but just *pretend* it's a different car.) and B) You're
thinking of it as an AM imitation.

Try thinking of this as its own car. I think it's gorgeous. Maybe a
bit long in the door panels...but still.

Rethink...

-Nick

Old July 21st 06, 06:31 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Lanny Chambers

In article . com>,
"r0lliSl1fe" > wrote:

> Okay, I actually like this design. Maybe the problem with the point of
> view you all have is that A) You're looking at it as a mod for a Miata
> (I know it is, but just *pretend* it's a different car.) and B) You're
> thinking of it as an AM imitation.

I aggree. This is one of the better body kits. It's actually pretty
handsome, rather than just being different for different's sake.

--
Lanny Chambers
'94C, St. Louis