Removing The Rear Bezel from A '94 Corolla Sedan: Help Please

Old July 10th 05, 10:29 PM
Robert11

Default Removing The Rear Bezel from A '94 Corolla Sedan: Help Please

Hi,

A bit embarrased to ask this, but frankly not all that mechanical.

Son has a '94 Corolla sedan.

One of the brake lights is out in the back.

Can't quite figure out how to get the rear side bezel off.

I took off the two screws from the outside, but there is apparently
something
else restraining it.
Are there, perhaps, screws that also have to removed from the inside?

Or after removing the 2 outside screws shoulds I just push the bezel very
hard to the outside ?

Would hate to damage it.

Much thanks,
Bob

Old July 11th 05, 12:57 AM
sdlomi2

"Robert11" > wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> A bit embarrased to ask this, but frankly not all that mechanical.
>
> Son has a '94 Corolla sedan.
>
> One of the brake lights is out in the back.
>
> Can't quite figure out how to get the rear side bezel off.
>
> I took off the two screws from the outside, but there is apparently
> something
> else restraining it.
> Are there, perhaps, screws that also have to removed from the inside?
>
> Or after removing the 2 outside screws shoulds I just push the bezel very
> hard to the outside ?
>
> Would hate to damage it.
>
> Much thanks,
> Bob

The gasket often forms a glue-like seal, holding a lamp bezel to the body.
Be careful not to break, and work from one end towards the middle. It
should come out. s

Old July 11th 05, 01:02 AM
Robert11

Hi,

Thanks for help; appreciate it.

Are you verifying that it is actually held on by only 2 screws ?

I ask, because the rubber gasket is totally free, yet it seems there is
something
else "restraining" it.

Thanks again,
Bob

----------------------------

Old July 11th 05, 01:31 AM
sdlomi2

"Robert11" > wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> Thanks for help; appreciate it.
>
> Are you verifying that it is actually held on by only 2 screws ?

NOPE, just generically-speaking. Glad you asked, s

Old July 11th 05, 01:49 AM
Comboverfish

Peel back the trunk liner that covers the rear fender area and you will
see a single fastener, either 8 or 10 mm head, I think it is a nut.
Remove that then tap the tailight housing sideways to remove. (Tap the
left housing to the left, or if it is the right housing, then tap to
the right)

PS it sounds like you are trying to remove a taillight housing, because
that is where the bulbs are -- but you typed "rear bezel". The center
trim piece could be described as a bezel but you will find no bulbs in
it.

Toyota MDT in MO

Old July 11th 05, 03:01 AM
Erik

In article >,
"Robert11" > wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Thanks for help; appreciate it.
>
> Are you verifying that it is actually held on by only 2 screws ?
>
> I ask, because the rubber gasket is totally free, yet it seems there is
> something
> else "restraining" it.
>
> Thanks again,
> Bob

Are you sure the bulbs aren't accessible from the inside?

Erik