Canada's new Toyota plant

Old July 10th 05, 05:21 PM
Max C. Webster III

"EADGBE" > done said:

> The south IS a backwards place. I taught high school here for three
> years and let me tell you, it was enough to make Mother Teresa lose her
> faith. You have never seen so many people who not only are expecting
> to, but actually WANTING to become nothing at all. They are sorry,
> pathetic losers and, incredibly, they are just fine with it!

<< snip >>

> The south is a cesspool of ignorance, laziness, narrow-mindedness,
> futility, and complacence.

In those three years that you've taught high school, you've done it enough
places in "the south" to be able to determine that "the south" is a "cesspool
of ignorance, laziness, narrow-mindedness, futility, and complacence."

I'm going to go out on a limb here and guess that you don't teach logic.

> My family and I are in the process of saving our funds for a BIG move, and I
> can honestly say that I can't wait to get out of here.

We're not much for ass prints on our door knobs, so please be careful on your
way out.

- Max -
=======
Would you believe this man has gone as far
as tearing Dubya stickers off the bumpers of cars,
and he voted for John F. Kerry for President?
http://hometown.aol.com/maxx2112/

Just Say No to 6:5 Blackjack!
http://www.cafepress.com/justsaynoto6to5/

Old July 10th 05, 05:36 PM
Michael Johnson, PE

EADGBE wrote:
> <snip>
>
> The south is a cesspool of ignorance, laziness, narrow-mindedness,
> futility, and complacence. My family and I are in the process of
> saving our funds for a BIG move, and I can honestly say that I can't
> wait to get out of here.

What makes you think any of these "better" places wants you moving in?
After all you're just another ignorant member of the cesspool that
apparently isn't smart enough to already have the funds for the BIG
move. My guess is that your new neighbors will see that you can take
the idiot out out of the cesspool but you can't take the cesspool out of
the idiot.
Old July 10th 05, 05:39 PM
SVTKate

"EADGBE" > wrote
**snip**
: The south is a cesspool of ignorance, laziness, narrow-mindedness,
: futility, and complacence. My family and I are in the process of
: saving our funds for a BIG move, and I can honestly say that I can't
: wait to get out of here.

The south has it's drawbacks, sadly some of what you say is true.
Many people do not have high ambition. Generations of people having to work
just to keep their families fed and sheltered have made it so that hard work
is the way of life, not higher education.
BUT if Toyota was using it as an excuse not to build in the US, why not
choose another geographic location for their plant?

Sorry assed, uppity, slant eyed, sonsabitches... let them go to Canada.

It was really hard to resist the simple statement:
"Don't let the door hit you in the ass on your way out"

Kate
in Tennessee

Old July 10th 05, 05:40 PM
SVTKate

"Jim Warman" > wrote in message
: hurc... is that you???
:
speak not it's name lest you call it upon you

dumbass jim!

LOL

Old July 10th 05, 05:41 PM
SVTKate

"Jim Warman" > wrote in message
: Ummmm.... how can I say this nicely???? I'm a f*cking Canadian and you
sound
: like an arrogant *******!!!!!
:
: There.... now I feel better....
:
:
:
: "William Claude Dukenfield" <William Claude > wrote

: >
: > Naw, just another Canadian showing that inferiority complex.
: >
: > Next they will accuse the US of Igloo envy.

'Mericans gots igloos...
Alaskuh....

duh

Old July 10th 05, 05:52 PM
Michael Johnson, PE

EADGBE wrote:

> The south IS a backwards place. I taught high school here for three
> years and let me tell you, it was enough to make Mother Teresa lose her
> faith. You have never seen so many people who not only are expecting
> to, but actually WANTING to become nothing at all. They are sorry,
> pathetic losers and, incredibly, they are just fine with it!

With such a crappy attitude I can see why your students aren't too
motivated. You do realize that, in large part, it's teachers like you
that cause many of our students to do so poorly? Do us all a favor and
stop teaching.
Old July 10th 05, 06:06 PM
Michael Johnson, PE

SVTKate wrote:
> "EADGBE" > wrote
> **snip**
> : The south is a cesspool of ignorance, laziness, narrow-mindedness,
> : futility, and complacence. My family and I are in the process of
> : saving our funds for a BIG move, and I can honestly say that I can't
> : wait to get out of here.
>
> The south has it's drawbacks, sadly some of what you say is true.
> Many people do not have high ambition. Generations of people having to work
> just to keep their families fed and sheltered have made it so that hard work
> is the way of life, not higher education.
> BUT if Toyota was using it as an excuse not to build in the US, why not
> choose another geographic location for their plant?
>
> Sorry assed, uppity, slant eyed, sonsabitches... let them go to Canada.
>
> It was really hard to resist the simple statement:
> "Don't let the door hit you in the ass on your way out"

I'll crawl out on a limb and guess old bosshoss is a liberal of the
"Bush hating" variety that is ****ed the south has gone conservative.
They like to denigrate the people living in the "red" states as being
ignorant, un-enlightened, racist, gay-hating, religious prudes. He's
likely a card carrying member of the NEA too. But then again, I could
be wrong. Care to bet on it?
Old July 10th 05, 06:26 PM
D.K.R.

Personally, I didn't believe it when RichA made his post. I looked for
the article and posted it verbatim. Also note that it's a biased source.
The quotes come from the president of the Automotive Parts
Manufacturers' Association of Canada. The writer should have jumped on
his bias and challenged it rather than accepting it without challenge.

Old July 10th 05, 08:58 PM
RichA

On Sun, 10 Jul 2005 10:14:18 -0400, pawn > wrote:

>D.K.R. wrote:
>> pawn wrote:
>>>
>>> Most stupid thing I've ever read. You understand NASA operates out of
>>> Hunstville, right?

>> So you're saying that rocket scientists would go work for Toyota?

>No, I'm saying that the idea of not being able to find enough trained
>workers in any significantly populated area is silly. I've worked on an
>auto parts plant in Huntsville, the people seemed just like people
>everywhere.

Why would the Japanese say it, to intentially upset the U.S.?

Old July 10th 05, 09:05 PM
RichA

On Sun, 10 Jul 2005 17:26:50 GMT, "D.K.R."
> wrote:

>Personally, I didn't believe it when RichA made his post. I looked for
>the article and posted it verbatim. Also note that it's a biased source.
>The quotes come from the president of the Automotive Parts
>Manufacturers' Association of Canada. The writer should have jumped on
>his bias and challenged it rather than accepting it without challenge.

There should be figures on literacy rates all across the U.S. to
reference. After talking to a friend who has done extensive business
travel to areas in the U.S. (Alabama, North Dakota, Georgia, etc)
my opinion is that the problem in some of these areas is the same as
those in primarily African-American ghettos in the North; Poverty.
Now, what has KEPT these areas in poverty all these years is
debatable, but it's clear that if the intelligence exists in a group,
they eventually work their way out of poverty, as many immigrant
groups to the U.S. have done for the past 200 years.
One thing is guaranteed, however; Sitting around, lamenting your lot
in life and worshipping ignorance is no way to better yourself.
-Rich