New Jersey Legislator Wants to Ban Smoking in Your Car

Old July 10th 05, 06:47 PM
Dave

Default New Jersey Legislator Wants to Ban Smoking in Your Car

william lynch wrote:
> Scott en Aztl=E1n wrote:
>
> > On Sun, 10 Jul 2005 15:58:43 GMT, laura bush - VEHICULAR HOMICIDE
> > > wrote:
> >
> >>I'm all for this. Driving with a burning stick in your hand endangers
> >>everyone else on the highways.

> > Not to mention all the litter caused by smokers throwing their butts
> > out the window of their car, or emptying their ashtrays onto the
> > ground next to their parking space...

> Or the forest fires caused by moron smokers throwing the lit
> cigarettes out the window.

By that logic, let's ban V-8 engines, since all they do is waste gas,
encourage speeding, yadda, yadda, yadda....

That or we could simply enforce the existing anti-littering laws
present in almost every state. Just like every Corvette driver isn't
automatically a criminal, neither is every smoker.

Dave

Old July 10th 05, 06:50 PM
Laura Bush murdered her boy friend

Dave wrote:
> william lynch wrote:
> >
> > Or the forest fires caused by moron smokers throwing the lit
> > cigarettes out the window.

> By that logic, let's ban V-8 engines, since all they do is waste gas,
> encourage speeding, yadda, yadda, yadda....
>
> That or we could simply enforce the existing anti-littering laws
> present in almost every state. Just like every Corvette driver isn't
> automatically a criminal, neither is every smoker.
>
> Dave

You should take up criminal coddling as a career.

Old July 10th 05, 06:53 PM
Dave

Laura Bush murdered her boy friend wrote:

> You should take up criminal coddling as a career.

My first choice was troll, but you seem to have taken that covered.

Dave

Old July 10th 05, 07:18 PM
Jim Yanik

"Dave" > wrote in
oups.com:
..

> That or we could simply enforce the existing anti-littering laws
> present in almost every state. Just like every Corvette driver isn't
> automatically a criminal, neither is every smoker.
>
> Dave

Except that the vast majority of smokers litter.
(there's FAR too many cig butts around for it to be a small minority)

It's a reflex with smokers to flick away or drop the cig butt when
finished.

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik
Old July 10th 05, 08:04 PM
David W. Poole, Jr.

On 10 Jul 2005 10:50:41 -0700, "Laura Bush murdered her boy friend"
> was understood to have stated the following:

>You should take up criminal coddling as a career.

You should take up any career other than being a welfare deadbeat.

--

The last song I started on my PC was: Wallflowers - Mourning Train - (Breach)
K:\Audio\Wallflowers\(Breach)\07 - Mourning Train.mp3
Old July 10th 05, 08:05 PM

Lets add diesel pickups to that list. Theres nothng nicer than sitting
behind some ignorant small-cocked hick thats trying
to make up for his underendowment with a Big Truck.

Old July 10th 05, 09:15 PM
Scott en Aztlán

On 10 Jul 2005 10:50:41 -0700, "Laura Bush murdered her boy friend"
> wrote:

>Dave wrote:
>> william lynch wrote:
>> >
>> > Or the forest fires caused by moron smokers throwing the lit
>> > cigarettes out the window.

>> By that logic, let's ban V-8 engines, since all they do is waste gas,
>> encourage speeding, yadda, yadda, yadda....
>>
>> That or we could simply enforce the existing anti-littering laws
>> present in almost every state. Just like every Corvette driver isn't
>> automatically a criminal, neither is every smoker.
>>
>> Dave

>You should take up criminal coddling as a career.

Name someone who gets paid a living wage to coddle criminals.

Old July 10th 05, 09:40 PM
Skip Elliott Bowman

"Scott en Aztlán" > wrote in message
> On 10 Jul 2005 10:50:41 -0700, "Laura Bush murdered her boy friend"
> > wrote:
>

>>Dave wrote:

>>> By that logic, let's ban V-8 engines, since all they do is waste gas,
>>> encourage speeding, yadda, yadda, yadda....
>>>
>>> That or we could simply enforce the existing anti-littering laws
>>> present in almost every state. Just like every Corvette driver isn't
>>> automatically a criminal, neither is every smoker.
>>>
>>> Dave

>>You should take up criminal coddling as a career.

> Name someone who gets paid a living wage to coddle criminals.

Alberto Gonzalez coddles criminals every day. So did John Ashcroft before
him. How's that?

Old July 10th 05, 10:04 PM
David W. Poole, Jr.

On 10 Jul 2005 18:18:21 GMT, Jim Yanik .> was
understood to have stated the following:

>Except that the vast majority of smokers litter.

Got proof?

>(there's FAR too many cig butts around for it to be a small minority)

Very few of the smokers I know litter.

>It's a reflex with smokers to flick away or drop the cig butt when
>finished.

Just like it's a reflex for everyone who eats from a fast food
restaurant to throw their packaging out the car window.

Old July 10th 05, 11:21 PM
David W. Poole, Jr.

On Sun, 10 Jul 2005 16:46:48 -0600, Comrade Yamamoto
> was understood to have stated the
following:

>laura bush - VEHICULAR HOMICIDE wrote:
>

>> I'm all for this. Driving with a burning stick in your hand endangers
>> everyone else on the highways. And ban radios and TVs and cell phones
>> and food from moving vehicles.
>>
>> http://www.thenewspaper.com/news/05/514.asp
>>
>> New Jersey legislator proposes $250 ticket for smoking while driving.
>>
>> Lighting up while driving would become a crime if legislation proposed
>> by New Jersey Assemblyman John McKeon (D-Essex) makes it into law.
>> Assembly bill 4306 would allow police to issue an extra $250 ticket to
>> a smoking motorist who is pulled over for a primary offense such as
>> speeding. The bill has the heavyweight support of the Assembly's
>> majority leader, Loretta Weinberg (D-Bergen) and has been referred to
>> the Assembly's Transportation Committee for consideration.
>>
>> McKeon, a foe of smoking, has also introduced a bill, A1281, that
>> would prohibit tobacco and alcohol advertising within 500 feet of a
>> school.
>>
>> Legislation to curtail smoking in the Garden State has gained some
>> momentum. In March, a state Senate committee approved a bill by a 7-0
>> vote that would ban smoking in public places. A similar ban is in
>> effect in neighboring New York City. In England, police enforce a ban
>> on driving with a cell phone, water bottle and other "distractions"
>> with automated long-range cameras able to mail thousands of citations.

>Good deal. More regulations, that cost money to enforce. YOUR money, at

"Laura Bush Murdered Her Boyfriend" (Aunt Judy, POA, Xeton, et. al.)
lives on welfare handouts, so it's not terribly concerned about taxes.

>that. Personally, I don't want to pay the government to hold my hand(as if

The only way Judy can survive is if the government holds it's hand,
and hands it hand-outs.

>I had a choice). I'd rather see my $ go for something more useful like say
>infrastructure, or funding research and development or something. You got

That's *way* over Judy's thinking.

>liberal morons propsing crap like this, meanwhile we have a huge trade

Welp, Judy is a liberal moron.

>deficit with China, etc....Maybe this guy should try to concentrate on more
>pressing problems in NJ....

Nah, and lose the welfare, er, liberal, er, dimocratic vote?