Honda-Powered SATURN VUE ?

Old February 11th 05, 04:53 AM
Scott

Default Honda-Powered SATURN VUE ?

Old February 11th 05, 05:39 AM
y_p_w

Scott wrote:

> My father is currently in the market for a new SUV, so we went to the
> Auto Show today to comparison shop the various offerings of both import
> and domestic marques. Among the very last SUVs we considered was a 2005
> Saturn Vue with AWD and V-6 power . . . supplied by HONDA ?!?!

Yep.

> At first, I thought I'd simply misunderstood what the Saturn sales rep
> had said, but when I asked him to clarify his statement, he reiterated
> that General Motors partnered with Honda for powerplants. Specifically,
> Honda furnishes V-6 engines to Saturn for their Vue, but that the
> available four-cylinder engines are GM units.

Yep. Some of the V6's in the VUE are made by GM though.

> So, I'm curious if anyone else out there had been aware that the V-6
> Saturn Vues are Honda-powered? Further, is there anyone with ownership
> experience with these vehicles who'd care to share their observations
> and opinions with this discussion group?

Read the Saturn group. Apparently this V6 in the VUE is not one that
Honda uses in its own vehicles. There have been some complaints
that it's not a terribly good in terms of noise, vibration, and
harshness.

> My father is actually looking for a smaller-sized, car-based SUV as
> opposed to a large, truck-based SUV, so if you have any other
> suggestions for what to add to our search list, I would greatly
> appreciate your insight and input.

CR-V, of course.
Old February 11th 05, 06:17 AM
motsco_ _

Scott wrote:
> My father is currently in the market for a new SUV, so we went to the
> Auto Show today to comparison shop the various offerings of both import
> and domestic marques. Among the very last SUVs we considered was a 2005
> Saturn Vue with AWD and V-6 power . . . supplied by HONDA ?!?!
>
> At first, I thought I'd simply misunderstood what the Saturn sales rep
> had said, but when I asked him to clarify his statement, he reiterated
> that General Motors partnered with Honda for powerplants. Specifically,
> Honda furnishes V-6 engines to Saturn for their Vue, but that the
> available four-cylinder engines are GM units.
>
> So, I'm curious if anyone else out there had been aware that the V-6
> Saturn Vues are Honda-powered? Further, is there anyone with ownership
> experience with these vehicles who'd care to share their observations
> and opinions with this discussion group?
>
> My father is actually looking for a smaller-sized, car-based SUV as
> opposed to a large, truck-based SUV, so if you have any other
> suggestions for what to add to our search list, I would greatly
> appreciate your insight and input.

------------------------------

Drive train performs flawlessly until 300,000 Km . . . Unfortunately the
rest of the vehicle only lasts until 120,000 Km. Fit and finish is
apparently typically poor.

Sign in and do a SEARCH at hondasuv.com.

'Curly'

Old February 11th 05, 09:06 PM

Acctually, Saturn used Honda's engine a while ago in some of their
earlier sc models. GMs own engine in the car didn't live very long. (I
forget the exact problem, but I think it was head gasket failure.)

Old February 12th 05, 01:01 PM
Dave

In article >, SoCalMike > wrote:

>its GMs answer for everything, basically

[blah, blah]

Excuse me, but you don't know what you are talking about. Have a
nice day.

Saturn VS Honda Blue Dragon Saturn 35 December 17th 04 01:45 PM
Why Are Honda CR-V's Catching Fire? Sparky Honda 4 October 19th 04 05:35 PM
Wheel for Honda and Saturn Chris Lamb Saturn 4 June 19th 04 04:02 PM
from Saturn fan to Saturn Consultant The Espaz Saturn 1 May 18th 04 10:39 PM
Saturn Lemons- epidemic flaws, engine cracks, ball joints misterfact Antique cars 0 January 6th 04 06:04 PM