ZR1 oil drain plug washer.

Old May 20th 06, 09:15 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette

Default ZR1 oil drain plug washer.

Anyone know where I can find a washer for a LT-5, oil pan drain plug? Are
these used on any other models?

Anthony J. Cesaroni
President/CEO
Cesaroni Technology/Cesaroni Aerospace
http://www.cesaronitech.com/
(941) 360-3100 x101 Sarasota
(905) 887-2370 x222 Toronto

Old May 21st 06, 09:11 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette

Do you mean that washer with the "o-ring" center? The LT-1 has it also.
Manual calls them both "gasket, oil pan drain plug".

Old May 21st 06, 09:47 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette

That would be the one. The O ring is tired and I have a nuisance leak.
Sounds like the LT1 version is the same.

Thanks!

Old May 22nd 06, 03:49 AM posted to alt.autos.corvette

Tried the dealer yet? I suspect it's a pretty low call item.

Old May 23rd 06, 12:54 AM posted to alt.autos.corvette

"Anthony Cesaroni" > wrote in message
> Anyone know where I can find a washer for a LT-5, oil pan drain
> plug? Are these used on any other models?
>
> Anthony J. Cesaroni

<<<Clipped advertisement>>>
Nothing special about the LT-5, it uses the same drain plug as most
any other stovebolt Chevrolet engine, including the 4 cylinder
Cavalier. Just pay attention to the thread your model used.
Dorman part #65314 $4.72
Dorman part #090024 $13.33
Fram part #SD1 $13.15 1/2 - 20 th'd
Fram part #SD4 $13.15 12mmx1.75mm th'd
Problem with the seal is that it's not an O-ring and it's not a
washer. It looks more like a seal from a QKD piping system. Sort of a
light bulb cross section with the tip of the bulb touching the thread.
Size is .840 OD, .093 cross section, .630 ID, and the web closing down
the ID to .425. So if you can get a washer cut out of .093 thick Viton
sheet you're all set. There are 4 of them setting on my bench from the
last 4 new cars I've serviced which I replaced with magnetic plugs.
The only changes I see is the hex size changed some time around 2004.
Got to throw them out some day.

--
Dad
05 C6 Silver/Red 6spd Z51

Old May 23rd 06, 10:22 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette

The plug is fine. It's the funky washer that's the problem. I sourced the
washer part at the local GM dealer. Ten bucks for the washer. For an oil
change the filters cost a bit more. Both are special order according to the
dealer. I use Red Line oil too, so an oil change adds up close to $100.00
when it's all said and done. 600 HP under the hood is priceless though.
Rippie and Lingenfelter both had their hands in it. Goes around corners and
brakes like a go-kart to boot.

Thanks all,