Left foot braking

Old January 21st 06, 09:21 AM posted to rec.autos.driving

Default Left foot braking

So, how many people out there practice left foot braking on the street?

--
igor@af
igor@af's Profile: http://www.automotiveforums.com/vbul....php?userid=61

http://www.automotiveforums.com

Old January 21st 06, 09:35 AM posted to rec.autos.driving

Does doing it in a 8ton truck count?

The pedals are lined up wrong in the honda, but I used to do it in my
Kit car.
It had a tendancy to transmission lock when changing down into 2nd
otherwise.

--
Moppie
Moppie's Profile: http://www.automotiveforums.com/vbul...hp?userid=1935

Old January 21st 06, 10:50 AM posted to rec.autos.driving

Does power braking count? :evillol:

--
FormulaLT1
FormulaLT1's Profile: http://www.automotiveforums.com/vbul...?userid=144075

Old January 21st 06, 03:52 PM posted to rec.autos.driving

"igor@af" > wrote in message

> So, how many people out there practice left foot braking on the street?

bad idea to drive that way - especially if you ever want to drive stick...

Old January 21st 06, 04:09 PM posted to rec.autos.driving

On Sat, 21 Jan 2006 09:52:45 -0600, "Dan J.S." > wrote:

>"igor@af" > wrote in message
>>
>> So, how many people out there practice left foot braking on the street?
>>

>bad idea to drive that way - especially if you ever want to drive stick...

Aw, nonsense. I started out left foot braking in my racing go-kart when I was
a kid. I can left foot or right foot brake any time any where, with any
transmission, and it makes no difference at all. The car stops when I want it
to.

Dave Head

Old January 21st 06, 05:02 PM posted to rec.autos.driving

"Dave Head" > wrote in message
> On Sat, 21 Jan 2006 09:52:45 -0600, "Dan J.S." > wrote:
>

>>"igor@af" > wrote in message
>>>
>>> So, how many people out there practice left foot braking on the street?
>>>

>>bad idea to drive that way - especially if you ever want to drive stick...
>>

> Aw, nonsense. I started out left foot braking in my racing go-kart when I
> was
> a kid. I can left foot or right foot brake any time any where, with any
> transmission, and it makes no difference at all. The car stops when I
> want it
> to.
>
> Dave Head

This is why they make fun of us in Europe - you know.

Old January 21st 06, 06:22 PM posted to rec.autos.driving

"Dave Head" > wrote in message

> ..... I can left foot or right foot brake any time any where, with any
> transmission, and it makes no difference at all. The car stops when I
> want it
> to.

What a man!!!

Old January 22nd 06, 12:11 AM posted to rec.autos.driving

igor@af wrote:
> So, how many people out there practice left foot braking on the street?

Rarely, unless I'm stopped uphill in an automatic, bored, or have a
good reason to.

Dave

Old January 22nd 06, 01:24 AM posted to rec.autos.driving

On Sat, 21 Jan 2006 16:59:46 -0500, "oldal4865" >
wrote:

> Once upon a time, Audi got into trouble because folks claimed they were
>prone to sudden acceleration when folks shifted into reverse.
>
>An investigation suggested that folks were practicing left foot braking and
>accidentally pushing both the right foot and left foot down when the car
>started to move after shifting. IOW, the run-away was probably 100%
>caused by a driver who floored the accelerator while left foot braking.

What did you expect from an investigation bought by, I mean paid for,
by Audi.

An investigation by Ford found the Pinto to be the safest vehicle on
the road.

Honda found that the CRX oil fires were caused by incompetent
mechanics.

GM found that every product they make sucks. :-)

Dave