A/C prob 96 Grand Caravan

Old January 15th 05, 04:43 PM

Default A/C prob 96 Grand Caravan

I have a 96 Grand Caravan and the compressor works intermittently. I have
checked the R-134a pressures and it seems ok. This problem seems to be in
the control circuit for the clutch since if I cycle the compressor switch in
the cab it will often come on for a time or even work till the car is turned
off. I don't have a wiring diagram to troubleshoot the circuit and was
wondering if some of the experienced people who post here was aware of a
common problem with this.

TIA,
Mike

Old January 15th 05, 10:45 PM
nitro

A cycling compressor clutch usually means the refrigerent charge is
low,however Chryslers are known for having defective themister
switch,located in the high pressure ac line.It has three wires going to
it.Chrysler offers an updated replacement part.System needs to be scaned
for proper diagnosis.

Old January 16th 05, 02:57 AM

Thanks for your help, I'll check into that.

lkaboutautos.com...

Old January 16th 05, 12:09 PM
maxpower

Check the a/c charge with a set of gauges, sounds to me as if it is low on
R134
. ..

1986 320i Prob Gilly L BMW 3 December 19th 04 10:10 PM
Alfa 156 alarm prob. rochdalecowboy Alfa Romeo 2 September 25th 04 08:14 PM
UK A6 2.8Q Tip - Starting Prob John West Berks Audi 3 May 24th 04 08:31 PM
Steering linkage prob Richard Cox 4x4 8 March 4th 04 06:31 PM