65-66 Horn ring Removal

Old November 9th 06, 08:45 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Jeffery

Default 65-66 Horn ring Removal

Hi there,

I need to memove the horn ring from the steering wheel in order to remove
the steering from the steering column. Any ideas?

Kind regards
Amar (SA)

Old November 9th 06, 09:50 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
[email protected]

My kids' '65 has the standard steering wheel. Don't know about any
others, but for this one you disconnect the battery and push *hard* on
the hub and rotate counterclockwise. The horn ring is held in place
with 3 or 4 L-shaped fingers that mate to a nylon ring screwed to the
steering wheel itself.

180 Out

Old November 10th 06, 01:37 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
walt peifer

> wrote in message
ups.com...
> My kids' '65 has the standard steering wheel. Don't know about any
> others, but for this one you disconnect the battery and push *hard* on
> the hub and rotate counterclockwise. The horn ring is held in place
> with 3 or 4 L-shaped fingers that mate to a nylon ring screwed to the
> steering wheel itself.
>
> 180 Out
>
> Jeffery wrote:
>> Hi there,
>>
>> I need to memove the horn ring from the steering wheel in order to remove
>> the steering from the steering column. Any ideas?
>>
>> Kind regards
>> Amar (SA)

2 sticks of dynamite usually will remove the horn ring and steering wheel

Old November 10th 06, 01:51 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
DRAGNET

> > wrote in message

> 2 sticks of dynamite usually will remove the horn ring and steering wheel

also consider the "ford wrench" a must have to remove the steering
wheel.

Old November 13th 06, 11:42 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Backyard Mechanic

"DRAGNET" > wrote:

>> > wrote in message

>> 2 sticks of dynamite usually will remove the horn ring and steering
>> wheel

> also consider the "ford wrench" a must have to remove the steering
> wheel.

Push in, rotate Anti-clockwise {heh}

THEN... loosen center nut on steering shaft spin it out to flat with end of
shaft, small block of hardwood over it, brace knees under lower rim of
wheel, pull on top of wheel with one hand while whapping with 'fordwrench'
with the other.

Note 'whapping' ? not tapping, but not BANGING... medium effort
you pay..DEAL with it!

1977 Jeep CJ - Horn Button Removal? TomO[_1_] Technology 3 September 21st 06 08:04 PM
Truck horn vs. car horn meirman Chrysler 17 August 18th 05 11:27 PM
Horn Replacement Tom T Jeep 0 February 27th 05 02:13 AM
Horn malfunction private Saturn 7 February 16th 05 04:12 PM
Removal of horn rings from 57 and 59 cadillacs...HELP! Frank Grimey Grimes Antique cars 1 December 10th 04 04:57 PM