Anyone own Honda Fit?

Old March 19th 06, 07:13 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda

Default Anyone own Honda Fit?

If yes..... how you liking it?
Old March 19th 06, 07:17 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda

wrote:
> If yes..... how you liking it?

It's called the Jaz in UK and my wife has one and loves it.
Old March 19th 06, 07:55 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda

wrote:

> If yes..... how you liking it?

See my response in alt.autos.honda.
Old March 19th 06, 08:19 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda

I have 1.4 basic model.

- Very good round town. Very nippy in all "close quarter" situations
- Mine hardly ever goes over 30mph. Most trips less than 5 miles YET 41 mpg
- Noisy on motorway
- Not amazingly powerful at speed
- Not so good on high speed motoring, that said VERY good in stop-start
driving situations, so if you're a motorway traffic jam every day, you'll be
fine.
- Gearbox is amazing
- Drive select (P - D - N - R lever, you know) is a bit vague; there's no
gate on it and it's easy to slip into one of the weird low torque D options
only to find out you're in it when you want to zip off .
- (optional) Boot bags total waste of time
- Roof mounting storage thing is quite nice, but not worth the money
- Don't bother with those boot/shelf mats. They get in the way
- Wish I'd got the automatic air temp option
- Rear windscreen washer - wiper is poor but works
- Quite slow to warm cabin in the morning
- Mine's never been back to the dealer. Hooray!
- Easy to keep clean
- Stereo OK, but see note below...
- Good to park / reverse
- Kids like it
- Will easily take 2 adults and 1 kid in back seat.
- Totally easy to shuffle seats around. Hooray for that too.
- Good leg room front and back.
- Rear view mirror vibrates (worst case vibration found so far is Pink
Floyd's "One of these days" when it gets to the on-off-on-off bit). Might
need to avoid death metal too (but that's for a whole different reason) .
- Magic seats are just that; very clever
- I'd recommend this car if you drive round town. It works.

HTH, regards,
---
David

Old March 19th 06, 08:39 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda

David Wynne wrote:

> - Rear view mirror vibrates (worst case vibration found so far is Pink
> Floyd's "One of these days" when it gets to the on-off-on-off bit). Might
> need to avoid death metal too (but that's for a whole different reason) .

Is it possible you have the bass set rather high? Last summer I replaced
the head unit in my '93 Accord with an aftermarket Sony "Xplod" unit. When
I was experimenting with the equalizer presets, my rear view mirror started
to vibrate with the drum beats of many songs.

BTW, the headers of your post suggest that you are in the UK, correct?
Thus, 41mpg is likely to be imperial gallons. Convert that to U.S. gallons
and it works out to about 34mpg.
Old March 19th 06, 09:25 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda

Hi there,

> Is it possible you have the bass set rather high?

Maybe, I'll look tomorrow. I don't think I've got any EQ set up though.

It also vibrates on certain road surfaces especially the "rumble zones"
which are springing up on round abouts and pedestrian crossings. I notice
that there's a little rubber bung thing wedged between the mirror stalk and
the windscreen; looks like an 11th hour bodge to me!

> ... headers... suggest that you are in the UK

Correct.

> and it works out to about 34mpg.

I think you're correct. Is 34 mpg(US) good or bad? I used to have a Merc
A160 which did 26 mpg (UK) round town and so I see the Jazz/Fit as a great
improvement.

Regards,

---
David

Old March 19th 06, 09:29 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda

Default Anyone ... Sorry, I forgot something...

Hi,

>> If yes..... how you liking it?

> See my response in alt.autos.honda.

My ISP does not carry this. Any chance you could post your response here
please?

---
David

Old March 19th 06, 10:42 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda

David Wynne wrote:

> Hi,
>
>>> If yes..... how you liking it?

>> See my response in alt.autos.honda.

> My ISP does not carry this. Any chance you could post your response here
> please?

I said to the OP that the Fit hadn't gone on sale in North America yet.
Old March 21st 06, 12:31 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda

.
> - Magic seats are just that; very clever
> - I'd recommend this car if you drive round town. It works.
>
> HTH, regards,
> ---
> David

Just the think one would need to dodge the vehicle of choice around here in
mid GA -- a over large GMC or Ford SUV or dually running 90 mph down I 75.