C-4 Cluster bulbs

Old October 11th 04, 12:17 AM
Jon Smith

Default C-4 Cluster bulbs

Bought four from the dealer and if memory serves me they were $3 each

Old October 11th 04, 12:17 AM
Jon Smith

Oh, special order and it took them four days.

Old October 11th 04, 12:17 AM
Jon Smith

Old October 11th 04, 12:35 AM
Mike Ellison

Marty wrote:
> With a quick google search I came up with #891 halogen bulbs. Haynes doesn't
> say anything about the cluster bulbs, just says non serviceable.
> The previous owner or a so-called mechanic stuck 194 bulbs in the thing and
> duct taped the caps on.
>
> Is this the right bulb? All searches refer to this bulb as an exterior bulb,
> namely the 3rd stop lamp. Price is generally $7.
> Can't imagine what the dealer will charge if I have to get them from him
> tomorrow.
>
> Thanks for any help,
> Marty

Hello Marty,
#194's are the correct bulb for the advisory lamps (Security, Lo
Coolant, etc.), turn indicators and some of the small exterior lamps.
Eckler's has these for $ 1.25 each. Four #891 lamps are used in the
roof mounted stop lamp on C4s -- Eckler's asks $ 11 each for those (p/n
20092).
I think that Haynes is just parroting the owner's manual that the
cluster bulbs are non-serviceable--actually, not so. I bought four of
them at a local dealer several years ago for about thirty dollars.
Eckler's lists "instrument cluster bulbs with sockets" as p/n # 30889
for $ 13 ea. You might also check Mid-America.

HTH....... Mike.

Old October 11th 04, 12:35 AM
Mike Ellison

Marty wrote:
> With a quick google search I came up with #891 halogen bulbs. Haynes doesn't
> say anything about the cluster bulbs, just says non serviceable.
> The previous owner or a so-called mechanic stuck 194 bulbs in the thing and
> duct taped the caps on.
>
> Is this the right bulb? All searches refer to this bulb as an exterior bulb,
> namely the 3rd stop lamp. Price is generally $7.
> Can't imagine what the dealer will charge if I have to get them from him
> tomorrow.
>
> Thanks for any help,
> Marty

Hello Marty,

Old October 11th 04, 06:26 AM
Marty

Thanks Guys,

In my searching someone said to put 194s in the cluster as they don't "cook"
the sockets and c-board. The 194s are too long and won't allow the metal
caps to seat and are a bit dim.
I also found that the 891s are an alternate to the #88? factory bulb.
Oh well, I got bigger fish to fry. Found after removing the dash pad,
cluster and bezels that all the dash mounts are busted on the drivers side
and at least cracked on the passenger side.

Sigh.....

Thanks again,
Marty