Adjusting Rear Drum Brakes

Old April 30th 05, 11:37 AM
Mel P.

Default Adjusting Rear Drum Brakes

Is there a special tool to adjust the star wheel. The opening or slot is
too small for the brake adjusting 'spoon' I have?

--
Mel

96 Jeep Cherokee

Old April 30th 05, 02:02 PM
Bill

On Sat, 30 Apr 2005 06:37:14 -0400, "Mel P." > wrote:

>Is there a special tool to adjust the star wheel. The opening or slot is
>too small for the brake adjusting 'spoon' I have?

I just use a screw driver.

Dean
http://home.comcast.net/~1redcreek/
Old April 30th 05, 02:13 PM
Mike Romain

I just use a short flat blade screwdriver with a mini screw driver to
hold the plate open if I have to back it off.

Once you have it close, it will self adjust when you hit the brakes in
reverse. You have to hit the brakes in forward between every reverse
hit to reset the adjuster.

Mike
88 Cherokee 235 BFG AT's