Should I fix my Lude?

Old April 10th 05, 01:50 AM
SoCalMike

Steve Bigelow wrote:
> "SoCalMike" > wrote in message
>
>>Steve Bigelow wrote:

>>>Nope.
>>>But we get Smart cars!

>>were supposedly going to get em too, eventually. but by then the honda
>>jazz will be out. decisions, decisions...
>>
>>the smart actually seems like a safe car... like youre riding in a roll
>>cage.

> Yup. And 10 bucks worth of Diesel fills it.

prolly be more like $20 worth, now. LOL.
Old April 10th 05, 01:50 AM
SoCalMike

me wrote:
> Yup It does...
> But you can't open your mouth wide enough when you gasp for air should you
> need to replace 1 single little tire.

dunno. what size does it use?
Old April 10th 05, 02:20 AM
me

2 sizes: 145x65 15 front and 175x55 15 rear

Old April 10th 05, 02:44 AM
me

2 sizes: 145x65 15 front and 175x55 15 rear
Incidentally it takes 22-25 liters to fill up when empty depending on how
long you've been driving w/ the low fuel light on.
That's more like $20.00 Can. not 10 but you do get well over 500 Kms out of
that.
Mike

Old April 10th 05, 09:06 AM
John

Might as well grab my golf cart and go for a ride...

Old April 10th 05, 04:42 PM
Pars

"SoCalMike" > wrote in message
> Pars wrote:
> > I'd drive the Lude into the ground and use the savings to get a new Echo
> > Hatch.

> to replace a 'lude, id likely go with the Tc, which is a celica sized
> hatch with a camry engine. thats bout $16kUSD. damn nice combo! im not
> really into "sports" cars, tho. too bad honda cant make an integra with
> the accord 4 cyl in it, badge it as a "cheaper" honda, and clean up.

Next to the S2000, the RSX-S is perhaps the best 4 cylinder engine in mass
production. Consider that the 2006 Civic Si will have a version of that
engine and probably sell for about $17KUSD. If so, it should do well against
the Tc, especially in the arena where manual tranny is a must.

> id seriously go that route, but my 98 hatch runs/looks great, has been
> "free" to drive since '01, and just turned 49k miles. i just cant
> justify it.

I'm hopping to squeeze another 2 years and 130,000km out of my 98 Civic
Hatch without any major repairs (like a clutch job). It's already got 230k,
so I'm not going to take any bets...

Pars

Old April 10th 05, 04:55 PM
Pars

> >>dont they offer the scion line of cars up there?
> >

> > Nope.
> > But we get Smart cars!
> >

> were supposedly going to get em too, eventually. but by then the honda
> jazz will be out. decisions, decisions...
>
> the smart actually seems like a safe car... like youre riding in a roll
> cage.

It's suppose to be very sure footed in the snow (The traction control system
most be the real deal). It's too bad that it doesn't come with a standard
tranny and the width is too narrow for those of us who are extra wide. Also,
the poor quality of N.American's diesel fuel can be an issue with such a
high strong engine. I bet Toyota could make a vastly better version of the
smart car, given there refinements with Hybrid engines and ability to
produce lightweight but strong chassis.

Pars

Old April 10th 05, 10:39 PM
disallow

depends what you classify as major, but we did
the clutch on the 87 prelude for $150 canadian,
and about 6 hours of grunting...

Old April 11th 05, 02:19 PM
Jim Shipley

Wow - I had a 87 Prelude. I LOVED that car. Back when I was single.
Sounds like you have almost driven it into the ground, might as well take it
to the end. Going to a 1990 Cavalier would be a mistake.

lkaboutautos.com...

Old April 11th 05, 08:17 PM
Pars

"disallow" <loewen_t at yahoo.ca @> wrote in message
lkaboutautos.com...
> depends what you classify as major, but we did
> the clutch on the 87 prelude for $150 canadian,
> and about 6 hours of grunting...

It always pays good, when you're doing your own grunt work. It's too bad you
can't get the same kind of deal on the body work.

Pars