question. buying extended warranty

Old February 21st 05, 08:00 PM
dave

Default question. buying extended warranty

I have bought extended warranties on new vehicles right at the time of
working out the paperwork but my question --

"what about when you buy something slightly used ?"

in fall of 2003, I bought my '03 Rubi. So it is coming up on being 3 model
years old in Oct/Nov, when this Rubi was built.. thus nearing the end of the
factory 3/30

can I extend the warranty at any local Jeep dealer now ? If so, what will
it cost ?

Thanks
Dave
== you must first take out MYUGLYSISTER to email me privately ==

Old February 21st 05, 08:32 PM
L.W.(ßill) Hughes III

Bummer, apparently you just missed the free factory eight year
warranty, from November of three: http://www.billhughes.com/warranty.jpg
God Bless America, ßill O|||||||O

Old February 21st 05, 09:35 PM
IsellJeeps

I think if it has under 36K miles and is still within time limits you can
purchase a warranty from any Franchise Jeep dealer... I thought the 03's had
the 7yr 70K??
--

Jarod Sprauer
www.sprauermotorsports.com

Old February 25th 05, 02:48 PM
dave

pretty sure it is 3/30 any ideas on cost ?

=== you must first take out MYUGLYSISTER to email me privately ===

. com...

Old February 26th 05, 04:11 AM
twaldron

Bumper to Bumper is 3/36...Drive train is 7/70. Don't waste your money.

dave wrote:

> pretty sure it is 3/30 any ideas on cost ?
>
> === you must first take out MYUGLYSISTER to email me privately ===

tw

71 Bill Stroppe Baja Bronco
03 TJ Rubicon - Rubicon Express 4.5"
01 XJ Sport

There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness."
-- Dave Barry

Pronunciation: 'jEp
Function: noun
Date: 1940

Etymology: from g. p. (G= 'Government' P= '80 inch wheelbase')
A small general-purpose motor vehicle with 80-inch wheelbase,
1/4-ton capacity, and four-wheel drive used by the U.S. army in
World War II.

(Please remove the OBVIOUS to reply by email)
Old February 26th 05, 03:16 PM
IsellJeeps

like Twaldron said... dont waste your money...you are covered to 70K on
drivetrain... call your local dealer and ask for service dept.. give a
service advisor your vin number and he can tell you exactly when the
warranty is up! Unless you are super hard on your Jeep you wont need it! My
salesman has an 04 rubi with 4" lift and abuses the heck out of it.. factory
warranty has replaced front & rear driveshafts, alternator and rear upper
control arms.. this is all due to his crazy driving & I cant believe they
covered the rear upper control arms.. he split them in half???? anyways save
your money!

--
Jarod Sprauer
www.sprauermotorsports.com
281-807-JEEP (5337)

www.HoustonJeeps.com
www.WranglerSales.com
www.UsedWranglers.com
www.JeepHeadquarters.com

"twaldron" > wrote in message
news
> Bumper to Bumper is 3/36...Drive train is 7/70. Don't waste your money.
>
> dave wrote:
>
> > pretty sure it is 3/30 any ideas on cost ?
> >
> > === you must first take out MYUGLYSISTER to email me privately ===

> --
> __________________________________________________ _________
> tw
>
> 71 Bill Stroppe Baja Bronco
> 03 TJ Rubicon - Rubicon Express 4.5"
> 01 XJ Sport
>
> There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness."
> -- Dave Barry
>
> Pronunciation: 'jEp
> Function: noun
> Date: 1940
>
> Etymology: from g. p. (G= 'Government' P= '80 inch wheelbase')
> A small general-purpose motor vehicle with 80-inch wheelbase,
> 1/4-ton capacity, and four-wheel drive used by the U.S. army in
> World War II.
>
> (Please remove the OBVIOUS to reply by email)

Extended Warranty on 94 Vette. [email protected] Corvette 1 February 1st 05 12:10 AM
Extended auto warranty in California chris General 0 January 18th 05 06:47 PM
Extended Warranty Tom BMW 2 December 15th 04 12:37 AM
Warranty question DFS BMW 8 October 14th 04 03:57 PM
Audi Certified pre-owned warranty question ? GMan Audi 0 June 29th 04 05:57 AM